“so dissapointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Vigneto Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Highland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Highland, New York
“so dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

When Vigneto first opened it was very good in all ways. food was well prepared, service was great. I have been back with friends 3 or 4 times in that last 6 months, always thinking it may resort back to the good old days, but NO. my last horror meal was chicken Saltinbocca, well I have never in my life seen such a mess. Two rolls of chicken swimming in some kind of yellow non distinct sauce--.that was only one disaster, there have been many in the past. So sorry as it was so nice to have a good restaurant in the area.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank D0rinda

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We met friends for dinner here. Pleasantly surprised at the decor. Sadly that was the best part. Food was generous, but lacking in flavor. Veal was drowning in the sauce and had been double dipped in unseasoned bread crumbs, not good. $25.00 for eggplant! $9.00 for the tiniest slice of cheesecake I have ever been served. Service was slow, and the place was empty! Very disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank olivia056
Highland, New York
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We just recently moved into the area and were looking for a great local Italian restaurant in Highland, Vigneto wasn't it. The place is small but intimate and clean. The staff was very friendly but the food was not what you expect at an Italian restaurant. We ordered our meal with salad. They served us the salad which contained corn in the salad. I have never had an Italian salad with corn in it, The salad wasn't bad just plain. Two minutes after getting our salad our entrees came to the table. They really did not time out the meal very well. I ordered the eggplant rolatini with a side of angel hair pasta and sauce and my wife ordered the chicken francese. The eggplant rolatini was very plain and had very little flavoring. The main problem with the dish was that the sauce tasted burnt. The sauce had the same burnt taste on the angel hair pasta. My wife ordered the chicken francese which had a nice taste but lacked parsley. She ordered a side of vegetables which were drenched in butter. Not a great dining experience and will look elsewhere for our Italian food in the area.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank salem1977
New York City, New York
““An experience to remember” “Simply the best””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

First, the ambiance is deeply romantic - swanky, luxurious and cozy. It's the kind of place one imagines the likes of Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin tucking into a delicious meal after their shows.We had a great dinner at the Vigneto Cafe. It was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. The service was fantastic, the restaurant is clean and well appointed. I would definately go back.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank vlora
NY
“Great place for a fast lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Wasn't very busy for lunch but I wanted take out anyway..Ten minutes and I was out of there..I can't remember the name of the pasta dish I ordered,,it had shrimp,,large noodles and fra diavolo sause..It was very good but they did't give me any bread..Next time I will stay and try another dish..The restaurant is located on Vineyard Avenue less than 30 seconds from rt 9w and not that far from SUNY New Paltz and Poughkeepsie,.(just across the Mid Hudson bridge).

• Visited August 2012