“Great Local Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Vigneto Cafe is a fine local restaurant and great tasting food. We ate there and enjoyed a fried calamari appetizer which was excellent. Our waitress was great and the owner came out and conversed with us for a while. The entree food was cooked to perfection and served hot. I had a veal dish and my wife opted for a chicken dish. Good restaurant with great service and food. I highly recommend eating at Vigneto Cafe.

2  Thank joevala

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am a local and I eat here often with my whole family. The food is excellent, the service is top notch, the interior is stylish, the atmosphere is friendly. The prices are good. This is a really good italian place.

2  Thank hudsonvalleyboy
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Pleasant looking little bistro witha nice young waitress and that's where it stops. Food came out in a strange order: salad, appetizer then entree. The salad looked and tasted old and no choice of salad dressing. The fried calamari was tasteless and the sauces even less flavorful. The veal Sicilian and chicken Parmesan looked and tasted like frozen patties that were overcooked and dried out. One spaghetti order was overcooked and the other undercooked and the sauce had absolutely no flavor. I don't think they own a box of salt or pepper. The risotto tasted like white rice from a Chinese restaurant in a bowl of oil. When it was sent back the waitress said it was a new cook and it wasn't done right. Why would you send it out? The owner then sent out his version and asked that it be tried. But it would have been impossible to try with the oily greasy flavor still in your mouth. There are three things to like about this place: nothing, nothing and more nothing.

4  Thank pbteach
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was greeted with a smile as soon as I walked in and my waitress was nothing short of lovely. The owner came out and conversed with the entire dining room. A very personal and comfortable to eat. I had the chicken della casa and it was phenomenal! A great little restaurant, I'll be sure to return soon!

1  Thank Sylvia A
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Let me tell you first hand, that I KNOW pizza. I think that is an integral part of every "NYer," knowing good pizza, from well, not good pizza. I have worked at many pizzerias in the past, as a "Pizza-Man," and this is by far some of the best pizza I have ever tasted. Check this place out, for the pizza alone, and you won't be dissapointed.

2  Thank JulesMCRUS