“Hidden Gem”

Vigneto Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Highland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Underhill, Vermont
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Probably the best Italian restaurant I have enjoyed outside Italy. Open for lunch; we had dinner and the dinner prices were about $13 per entree. The portion sizes were very large, come hungry or take some home for another meal. I had the chicken saltimbocca which melted in your mouth, others had the eggplant parmigiana which was fresh eggplant that was so tender... mmmmm entrees came with a salad and a side pasta dish and the pasta red sauce was with fresh tomatoes. The olive oil served with bread before the meal seemed to have ground olives, sundried tomatoes and something I could not place; outstanding. The waiter said it was the chief's secret. Go just for olive oil and bread.... Oh, forgot to mention the wine is served in large heavy stemware and is almost double the portion size of most restaurants. Total cost for three adults with wine was $67 with taxes and without tip.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Photo-2_Vermont

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Inconsistent, but worth a try.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

The first time we tried it was for lunch & it was great, the food was fresh, hot & yummy. Our waiter, Tim was very attentive. So we went back for dinner & it was not so great, my shrimp & pasta dish lacked flavor, but hey, even a chef can have a bad day. Again, Tim was wonderful. We still like the place & will give it another try. It wasn't noisy or crowded when we were there, but we try to avoid the dinner rush.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank ilovepuppylove
“Worth the trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Wonderful menu selection, wait staff Timmy and Rita were most pleasant and knowledgable of the menu. The owner Dino made you feel like you were over for Sunday dinner. A wonderful meal. Thank you again Dine, we will return very soon.

4 Thank Idbnvs2
New York City, New York
“Food Glorious Food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

First let me start by commending Vigneto Cafe for opening in the Village of Highland.
Had the pleasure of dining their last evening,an added plus to be able to walk to a restaurant from our home.
Food was fantastic...we ordered soup{very large bowls/piping hot} arrived as our starter.It was difficult to choose since the appetizers looked tempting but didn't want to spoil our dinner. The menu selection is so large it is difficult to choose an entree.
We decided on the Eggplant Parmigiana and Chicken Saltimbocca,both included a salad and side of pasta.Both entrees arrived beautifully plated,hot and best of all delicious!!!
I am look forward to having my leftovers for lunch....
Thank You Cafe Vigneto for providing a wonderful place to enjoy a meal and so close to home....One other note,the owner has take pride in the decor also,table/booth,all chairs are tastefully decorated in fabric as our the booths,and the window treatment,each table has votives and the lightening is soft for the evening,and the music is soft and delightful. Keep up the amazing job you are doing.....

Visited September 2011
9 Thank innladyHighlandNy
New Paltz, New York
“I think that this is the best Italian restaurant food I have ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This cafe is fair for ambiance as it is very small and noisy when full.The food on the other hand is probably the best restaurant food I have ever had (including Rome and Venice)
I pride myself on my Italian cooking and usually find restaurant food boring and tasteless. In this case, everything was cooked to perfection.The food was fresh and the staff was very attentive. I ate in this restaurant two nights in a row and both nights were outstanding.
I have eaten at the Culinary Italian restaurant but this restaurant makes their food seem bland.
I hope that Vigneto Cafe survives in such an out of the way place in Highland N.Y. I plan to make it my weekly restaurant.

• Visited August 2011