America's Best Value Inn
  • Breakfast included
Vassar Alumnae House(Poughkeepsie)
Poughkeepsie Inn(Poughkeepsie)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This place is disgusting and the man at the office was a complete jerk. We woke up at 4:30 in the morning to find the headboard of the bed infested with dozens of large bedbugs, and one fell out of my girlfriend's hair. I picked up the phone outside of the office to speak with the manager. This guy did not care, nor did he want to even talk to me about it. He told me to come back later. I waited 3 hours and finally he came down to talk to me. He told me he had never seen these things before and it was probably my fault. After I showed him the pictures I had taken he finally agreed to refund my money through Priceline. A few days later I found out that he only offered me a partial refund. This guy insulted me, lied to me, and runs a dirty bedbug infested establishment. Do not ever stay here.

Room Tip: Room 106 is completely infested with bed bugs
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Steve33965
Neil R, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. We take complaints of this type seriously, and investigate all claims. The comfort and safety of our guests is our top priority. When you came to the office at 4:30AM you were offered an alternate accommodation, but you opted to leave. The room has since been treated for the problem you encountered. Because it was a Priceline reservation, you were told that you needed to take it up with Priceline, and that they would contact us, which is what happened. When Priceline was asked my General Manager what you wanted as compensation for your troubles, they said you were not asking for anything, just wanted us to know that the problem existed. My General Manager therefore offered the partial refund, and Priceline accepted this. Once again, I am sorry for your troubles, and hope that we can be given a second chance to serve your lodging needs in a more comfortable way.

Parbat Khunti,
Property Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Room is very clean.Bathroom very nice also very clean.Sheets clean,smelled clean,that what i like and the price was right.Robyn lenea

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sunny20009
Reviewed June 16, 2011

This motel, formerly 'Mick's Motel', and now "America's Best Value Inn", is possibly one of the worst motels I've ever stayed in. Although the front desk service was friendly, the rooms are marginally acceptable. There are bedbugs in the rooms(woke up with red bites.!!) and when I went to turn in for the night, I pulled down the comforter and sheet and wished I hadn't. The sheets were yellowed and a bit stained and the mattress was stained with brown and black stains (I don't even want to THINK about what these were from.). I'd heard that this motel was supposed to be re-renovated. From what I've seen, they haven't spent ANY money on the rooms at all. Save your money and go to a maybe more $$ but defintely CLEANER motel. Health dept. should check into this place!!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay..
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Cali2121NY
Neil R, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. Please contact me directly regarding the issues you had during your stay. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Regards,