“Great Atmosphere, Great Food, Great People” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Would Restaurant

Would Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Would Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Highland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Would Restaurant has two unique dining rooms, our front room has a working fireplace, for romantic fireside dining during those cold winter nights. Enjoy our full service bar,relax with a Specialty Martini/Cocktail, Beer on Tap or your favorite glass of wine. Our back dining room is perfect for private parties & with windows to let the sun shine in during the summer. Our Dinner Menu offers a wide variety of appetizers, salads, pasta, beef, lamb, fish, poultry, & vegetarian. Tuesday-Thursday try the Prix Fix Menu for $21, feel like a burger or sandwich with fries ? ask your server for our Bistro menu. December is we have a special Winter Wonderland display through out, great for Holiday Celebrations. Let's head outdoors where during the warm summer month you can enjoy Patio dining. Our Garden Pavilion is like a chameleon, it changes to fit your Special Event, Wedding Ceremony, Family or Class Reunion, Sweet Sixteen, any Celebration you can create.We hope to see you soon at THE WOULD
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Great Atmosphere, Great Food, Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Would is a gem, located centrally between the mountains of New Paltz and the Hudson River. I have been fortunate enough to eat there many times, and have always found the waitstaff to be friendly and accommodating, the food (and drinks!) to be outrageously delicious and creative, and have even had the distinct pleasure of many conversations with Deb and Claire, who always treated me and my family like their own. Their ingredients are always fresh, their menus creative, and I've never, ever left hungry, or disappointed. I highly recommend The Would to any and all who seek an excellent dining experience in a warm atmosphere. PS...check it out in the autumn when the fireplace makes the restaurant as cozy and inviting as your own home!

Visited October 2012

Marlboro, New York
“Love this Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love this restaurant for many reasons. The food is amazing, with lots of flavor and great presentation. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The seating is warm and inviting. We sat inside but you can sit outside depending on the weather. They have an outside pavilion for events, which is so pretty. I have seen pictures on facebook of some of their outside events and they look beautiful.

• Visited October 2012
Highland, New York
“Unfriendly, Rude, and Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary tonight. The carbs were mashed potatoes and brown rice. I requested a bake potatoe since I'm on Weight Watcher and have worked hard to loose 55 pounds. They couldn't handle that and weren't nice about it. I asked to speak to the Manager, who made it worse. The waiter offered to give me salad instead of the baked potatoe and when I asked the Manager why I couldn't have it, she offered to put it in the microwave. Anyway, I didn't want a microwaved potatoe that I can easily make at home so I said that I would have the salad that the waiter offered. She told me that they couldn't substitute a salad for the potatoe but that they would give me a little salad on the plate. We paid $30 for lamb chops (3 small lamb chops) and we both left hungry. Also, they don't know how to cook healthy. Oil was all over the plate. Don't come here if you expect healthy food, would like any substitutions or if you expect the waiter to be nice. I should have listened to some of the poor reviews on here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Highland Reside... H
Cinnaminson, New Jersey, United States
“Late dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Warm, friendly atmosphere. Good foodNAND the service was good. Nice location. This was a place recommended by our inn keeper and it did not disappoint. We enjoyed the pasta with shrimp

Visited September 2012
Hopkinton
“Great food at the Would”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great food and excellent service from Thomas! Especially liked the Garlic tops appetizer... never had those before.

Visited July 2012

Been to Would Restaurant? Share your experiences!