“Unfriendly, Rude, and Poor Service”
Review of Would Restaurant

Would Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Would Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Highland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Would Restaurant has two unique dining rooms, our front room has a working fireplace, for romantic fireside dining during those cold winter nights. Enjoy our full service bar,relax with a Specialty Martini/Cocktail, Beer on Tap or your favorite glass of wine. Our back dining room is perfect for private parties & with windows to let the sun shine in during the summer. Our Dinner Menu offers a wide variety of appetizers, salads, pasta, beef, lamb, fish, poultry, & vegetarian. Tuesday-Thursday try the Prix Fix Menu for $21, feel like a burger or sandwich with fries ? ask your server for our Bistro menu. December is we have a special Winter Wonderland display through out, great for Holiday Celebrations. Let's head outdoors where during the warm summer month you can enjoy Patio dining. Our Garden Pavilion is like a chameleon, it changes to fit your Special Event, Wedding Ceremony, Family or Class Reunion, Sweet Sixteen, any Celebration you can create.We hope to see you soon at THE WOULD
Highland, New York
“Unfriendly, Rude, and Poor Service”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary tonight. The carbs were mashed potatoes and brown rice. I requested a bake potatoe since I'm on Weight Watcher and have worked hard to loose 55 pounds. They couldn't handle that and weren't nice about it. I asked to speak to the Manager, who made it worse. The waiter offered to give me salad instead of the baked potatoe and when I asked the Manager why I couldn't have it, she offered to put it in the microwave. Anyway, I didn't want a microwaved potatoe that I can easily make at home so I said that I would have the salad that the waiter offered. She told me that they couldn't substitute a salad for the potatoe but that they would give me a little salad on the plate. We paid $30 for lamb chops (3 small lamb chops) and we both left hungry. Also, they don't know how to cook healthy. Oil was all over the plate. Don't come here if you expect healthy food, would like any substitutions or if you expect the waiter to be nice. I should have listened to some of the poor reviews on here.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Highland Reside... H

Cinnaminson, New Jersey, United States
“Late dinner”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Warm, friendly atmosphere. Good foodNAND the service was good. Nice location. This was a place recommended by our inn keeper and it did not disappoint. We enjoyed the pasta with shrimp

Visited September 2012
Hopkinton
“Great food at the Would”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great food and excellent service from Thomas! Especially liked the Garlic tops appetizer... never had those before.

Visited July 2012
Pine Bush, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were six and visited on a Tuesday night. Having been a customer for many years until we moved away, we were sure this would be a great choice for a get together. We had a reservation and the table was set up when we arrived. There was one waiter for the entire restaurant...we had to ask for the wine list and he said "isn't it on the table?" we had to ask for the price fix menu...and he returned with two wrinkled stained pages. He never reviewed any of the menu items with us nor offered any specials. Four of the party ordered from the price fix menu and two from the regular menu. Appetizers/salads arrived promptly. The chicken medallions with wild mushroom sauce arrived as two small somewhat dried chicken cutlets with a smear of cucumber sauce on top like someone spread it on with the back of the spoon...the plate was dry. This was placed on the top/ side of mound of roughly mashed new potatoes with the skins...little flavor in all of it...on the side of that were sugar snap beans that were over cooked and wrinkled. The waiter disappeared after serving the meal. Finally he returned...when I mentioned the lack of mushroom sauce...he admitted that there had been a substitution, but was too busy to tell me. He said, "Do you want to see the owner?"...I was dumbfounded and although the Irish in me wanted a little battle for compensation, I didn't want to upset the rest of the party. However, The same sad theme was repeated with the rest of the price fix dishes. The braised beef was lost in a heap of pasta, the pork chop was tough and inedible. Service for the rest o the meal followed the same pattern...we had to remind him about dessert...he never asked the non price fix guests what they wanted and never asked about tea or coffee...by then he was covering about 10 tables by himself. What ever happened to the wonderful restaurant we knew when Claire was in the kitchen????? The service was the fault of the waiter...but the food.was the fault of the kitchen.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank elli414
Hampden, Maine
“Worth the search”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had heard about it just had to go. The trip up and around the hill was an adventure just to find the building. Once inside, it was well worth the search. The atmosphere, service and meal were alll top notch. I can see a return trip in the futrue.

• Visited May 2012