“good food and nice atmosphere”
Review of Northern Spy Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Northern Spy Cafe
Cuisines: American
Upton, Massachusetts
“good food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

When ever I am in town I dine at this restaurant. Food is reasonable and consistently good. Nice choices for vegetarians as well as meat eaters. Yummy bread.

• Visited May 2011

Rosendale, New York
“love the salad”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My favorite thing there is the house salad with the tofu wings on top ~ it took a few for my husband to get one board but now I think it's one of his favorite too

• Visited July 2011
Hudson Valley
“Sshhhh, don't tell anyone”
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I hesitate to tell you what a great find this house atop the hill is, but these hard working folks deserve to have all the customers they can enjoying their thoughtfully prepared food, relaxed atmosphere, and terrific wine list. Bypass the few other dining options in High Falls proper to savor this unpretentious restaurant housed in a bungalow atop a small hill just outside the intersection that is "town."

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Oh my goodness! This is...”
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Oh my goodness! This is a cozy and delightful slice of culinary heaven. The Chef has his own garden that he uses for his nightly dishes. Talk about fresh. You have to try the "Free Range Boneless Tofu Wings". They have converted more than one chicken wing eater over to the other side. You also MUST save room for dessert. The apple pie is to die for. Not to mention the great entrees, everything from mom's meatless loaf to delicious filet topped with bleu cheese.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“We had dinner here just...”
Reviewed February 17, 2008

We had dinner here just last night -- a bit of a treat. The food is always good and paired with excellent wine by the glass. The atmosphere is comfortable and the dining room feels upscale, special. But our favorite time to go is in warm weather when we can sit on the screened porch, drink white wine, and pretend we're weekenders up from Manhattan! Takes us on a mini-vacation.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook