“delicious food, good service, cheery atmosphere”

Kitchenette Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchenette Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in High Falls
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At Kitchenette we are happy to be celebrating our 21st year! Comfort Food at its Best is our mantra. We strive to offer a customer friendly atmosphere serving home cooked meals using only the purest and freshest ingredients. Our menu includes homemade breads and baked goods, Hudson Valley Milk, Feather Ridge Eggs, Organic Fair Trade coffee, Jane's Ice Cream, farm raised meats, poultry and vegetables. In addition to serving in our restaurants, we offer full-service catering, special event planning and weddings in the Hudson Valley and NYC. About Us Lisa Hall and Ann Nickinson met many years ago while working together. They formed a partnership in 1994 when they opened the first Kitchenette which was a tiny 11 stool luncheonette in the neighborhood of Tribeca. They now have one location in the Upper West Side of NYC and are thrilled to have opened their newest location in lovely hamlet of High Falls, NY. The Kitchenettes exemplify who and what the owners are. They like warm, cheerful surroundings that are filled with fun finds from all over the Hudson Valley. They love to refinish and re-purpose. Their menus concentrate on local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible.
New York City, New York
“delicious food, good service, cheery atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

so happy to have kitchenette in high falls. i've visited several times for breakfast and dinner, and the food is very good, generally interesting updates of american comfort food. everything has been very fresh and tasty.

the decor has been updated with a bright, modern/retro color scheme.

the service is very friendly and attentive. on one visit, we waited awhile for our dinner, but i chalked that up to a new business working out the kinks. prices are fair.

welcome, kitchenette, to the center of the universe. i will be back.

recommended.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Mark H

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Comfort Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a simplistically decorated in industrial and 1940's plus bright colors of orange, lime green and some yellow. Just loved the bright, cheery colors and creative design. We stopped there for lunch and had a very pleasant surprise.

The food is excellent. My meatloaf which was on home made whole wheat bread was just wonderful. Since I'm not really a meat eater, I was very surprised. The sandwich was huge and so half the sandwich was brought home for lunch the next day.

My lunch partner had the hamburger. He said it was very tasty. The fries were home made and very good.

The desserts are gorgeous and perhaps will get to try one on my next visit. Yes, there will be another visit.

My only comment is that there were employees constantly walking from one side of the restaurant to the other, which we found distracting. This may be unavoidable because of the layout of the restaurant, but it did seem more NYC hectic rather than layback suburban N.Y.

Phyllis from Florida

2 Thank YerTizUS
Kingston, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Soooo Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

What a fun addition to our community.
The best dinner around. I had the fried chicken, and my friend had fish and chips.
There is something for everyone.
We shared the most incredible chocolate cream
I recommend it highly!
Save room for dessert

1 Thank forevereating2014
New York City, New York
“Loved It, Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We had our first dinner at The Kitchenette Sunday night and we were delighted. The atmosphere is country comfortable with great music. My husband had the Mac and Cheese and I had the Grand Slam Burger with sautéed mushrooms, carmelized onions and cheddar which also included a side. I chose the Panzanella Salad composed of tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and croutons in a wonderful vinegar and oil dressing. Delicious. My husband's Mac and Cheese was packed with flavor and very creamy. We both had a glass of Pinot Noir. A wonderful meal. We will be back! All the food was well prepared with fresh good quality food. The staff was efficient and really pleasant. :-)

2 Thank KBfromNYC
New York City
“Great place for dinner with fun cocktails!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

My buddies and I had dinner here recently and really enjoyed it. The decor is very light and colorful with a mix of booths and old timey kitchen tables with brightly colored chairs. There is a full bar and cases of homemade desserts.

The food and service were very good. Super friendly and attentive. The theme is comfort food and it delivers. There are lots of entree and sandwich options on the "Supper" menu. I had pork with a side of corn pudding which was delicious. Another friend had salmon which was so perfectly cooked he asked for the recipe. Another of our party had fried chicken and a side of huge (delicious) onion rings. We started with the evening's very tasty drink special made with vodka,earl grey tea and lavender! We ended with a homemade mini banana cream pie. Wow, was it good. Definitely a highlight of the meal.

3 Thank BillBar513