“Best Bed and Best Breakfast”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Arbor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 High Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2007

I have stayed at bed and breakfasts across the globe and The Arbor Bed and Breakfast is, by far, my favorite. Shortly after our overseas wedding, my husband and I decided to seek refuge at a nearby B&B after our NY wedding reception. I had gone to High Falls with a friend a few years back and recalled the B&B I stayed at: The Arbor. We decided to try it out again and it was more amazing than I remembered. We arrived on a beautiful day and the owner, Nancy, greeted us with cold drinks and snacks. We then unwound by playing badminton on the front lawn. If you arrange it with Nancy some time before your stay, she can also cook dinner. Although High Falls is home to some world-renowned restaurants, my husband and I opted for Nancy's cooking because we didn't want to go anywhere! We played badminton until she told us dinner was ready and we were so pleased. Everything that comes out of that kitchen is exactly the way you would want it: fresh, healthy, and flavorful with beautiful presentation. It's been a while since we stayed there, but I do recall some of my favorite meals: DINNER: fresh made pesto (Nancy went to the herb garden to gather basil and other herbs for the pesto) tossed over linguine, arugula salad with homemade honey-balsamic dressing, freshly picked corn-on-the-cob, and fresh bread. DESSERT: Freshly baked strawberry rhubarb cobler. BREAKFAST: Nancy's famous "herbed eggs" baked to perfection. Her lovely daughter has been there both times I have stayed there and she helps out her mom with serving meals, etc. At the Arbor, you truly feel like you're at home.

Oh, and the beds! We had not had a good sleep in weeks until we arrived at this b&b. I've never experienced a bed as comfortable as this and the sparkling white bed linens only help. We stayed in the red room, which was beautiful. Only one room has a private bath, but we had a shared bathroom and it worked out great. All guests were very respectful and Nancy keeps everything so clean, it really doesn't make a difference.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank benandvanessa

Been to The Arbor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!