“Very nice stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in High Falls
The Arbor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 High Falls B&B and Inns
NYC
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this lovely B&B during our weekend getaway to husdson valley. We were really surprised how nice this property was. It was the nicest house in the neighbourhood with a huge lawn and a nice little garden. Our room was okay. Nice size. Nothing really special. We had a shared bath. I was a bit iffy about it at first but there were only another couple besides us. So it wasn't that big of a deal. The only thing that I wasn't exactly thrilled was we were woken up in the morning with the "noises" from our neighbor room and the really loud music coming from either downstairs or their room. It was our vacation and we would have liked to sleep in. I understand it was their vacation as well, but it wasn't quite a nice experience for us to be woken up by that noise that went on and on. It was very unconfortable. It wasn't this B&B's fault. It was just one of those things you have to deal with when you stay at any B&B! We were quite sleepy and tired all day because of that. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with our stay. Very nice breakfast. There's a gorgeous fall a few blocks away from the place. It's absolutely breath-taking. We also run into a Sunday flea market right around the corner of the B&B. Nancy also gave us some cool ideas to visit nearby towns: Rhinebeck and Kingston. I'd recommend Rhinebeck with little shops but not to Kingston. There's really nothing there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Really nice experience here. Quiet, clean place, nice rooms with big comfy beds, very pretty walks into the town. Nancy is a great cook and the breakfast she made was fantastic. She also prepares these delicious shortbread cookies. She runs the place well and I would love to go back there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have stayed three times over 6 years at the Arbor B & B and each time was greeted by the gracious and thoughtful proprietor, Nancy and her cat Bootsie, and was made to feel welcome, comfortable and nurtured. Sweet rooms (I have stayed in 3 of the five), really comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, cozy little common room with books and games, and a wonderful outdoor lawn and garden for lounging around when not exploring the village or surrounding countryside.
On top of that there are the breakfasts---home-made and wonderful----her baked egg dish is a marvel, as are her tasty little shortbread cookies left out all day for nibbling.
Cannot reccomend Nancy's little B & B enough for a a gentle, cozy stay in a lovely area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We've been visiting the beautiful Rondout Valley for many years and have always enjoyed High Falls. This was our first stay at The Arbor and I don't think we'll go anywhere else again. It's a little, hidden gem close to "town" -- very simple, but every detail is thought through (I *loved* 100% cotton kimono left in each room). The rooms are super-clean, great beds, and excellent AC (though the cross-breezes are lovely).

Nancy, the owner, is a fantastic hostess. A great cook and conversationalist, you leave feeling like you've just met your long-lost, smart, and groovy aunt. She doesn't hover and chats when you're up for it. Otherwise, she's virtually invisible, except for when she's whipping up an *amazing* breakfast. As my husband said, she really knows her way around an egg! And her cookies are to-die-for.

As for the property, there are only four (I think) rooms, but I think we saw one other couple the whole time. We used the shared bath, and it was always empty, so no issues at all. The outdoor space is pretty, with a comfy porch on which to sit and relax. And you're within walking distance of several great shops and restaurants.

A word about pets. We brought our dog with us. Like with any B&B (or hotel), you should always call ahead to let the proprietor(s) know that you'll be bringing a pet. We did that and Nancy was happy to have us and our dog, and she was clear about the rules -- dogs okay, just don't leave your pet in the room unattended. It couldn't have been more easy, and Nancy couldn't have been more accommodating (she even put out bowls for our dog food/water).

In short, super-special place in a beautiful location. We're already planning another stay for when the leaves turn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for one night, and would never go back! Even when booking the owner was rude on the phone.

We arrived and no one was there to greet us. Though the website said animal friendly, the owner had a fit when we arrived with our two small dogs and practically made us leave a family wedding! She accosted us when we were going to bed that night and then had the nerve to try and charge us nearly double for the room when signing out!!!

We have traveled all over the world and this is going down as worst experience and that's comparing it to third world countries!

Please beware, never met a more ungracious person!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wrldtrvlr808
New York
Reviewed May 30, 2009

What a nice place!!! The house is beautiful, the location amazing, the rooms clean and nicely decorated and the breakfast is spectacular!!
It is a home away from home!!!
I was there with my husband during Memorial Day Getaway and the experience was unbelievable!!!
The area is really nice and we were able to do lot of hiking!
Surely, we will come back!
Thanks for having a place like this!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed April 27, 2009

My boyfriend and I just spent the weekend with Nancy and Bootsey at The Arbor - what a relaxing and cute little place. Nancy is the most gracious hostess, the rooms are clean and inviting (we stayed in the Green Room) and the breakfast was the best I've had in a long time (her rosemary shortbread cookies are addictive). Just a short walk (literally two blocks to "downtown") to the heart of town, you can check in, enjoy a cup of tea and the paper on the porch, then walk down for lunch at one of the cute cafes and then shop! Gregory at the Blue Cashew is an inviting and chatty proprietor and will most definitely ask you to say hi to Nancy for him. We planned our next visit even before we left!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
#3 of 6 in Stone Ridge
Hasbrouck House
Hasbrouck House
#2 of 6 in Stone Ridge

Been to The Arbor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!