“Good choice”

Econo Lodge Hicksville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hicksville
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Stayed only one night to attend US Open. Usually stay closer to Flushing but rates are going up a little to much just for a place to sleep. For the price, $89.95, it was a good choice. Room was large, clean, area seemed safe and had easy access to main highways. Close to Bethpage for golfers.

Agree with others re: thin walls...but not a big deal. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo

Reviewed August 26, 2007

Stayed there August 22-24, 2007. Traveling on business and needed a resonably priced room. No frills needed. I usually stay at another "chain" on the Island, but think the going rate of $150-170 is a bit too much for just a place to sleep. Did a search of locations, read the reviews and decided to take a chance with the Ecno-Lodge.
As per the reviews, no frills.... but, the room (#203) was clean and appropriate for the rate. There is a sports bar/resturant across the parking lot. And, enjoyed the free wire-less internet. A budget motel that was budget priced for Long Island. I'm going back!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2007

We were in town visiting and basically just needed a place to sleep. For the $142/night price - this place was not good. The AC unit's filter was so dirty and black. It was nearly impacted with soot, gunk, and ilk. God knows what we were breathing. We left at 8:30 a.m. to get breakfast - bags and all stayed - and came back about an hour later an found our door propped open w/ a wooden coat hanger and the room cleaned. Our beverages in the fridg were discarded - this was approximately 9:30 in the morning!! What made it even worse was that the celing was full stains. Not a pretty picture. I would expect to pay somewhere in the $79-89 range for this place - NOT $142!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2007

My wife and I stayed at this motel in room 253 for two nights from March 30, 2007 through April 1, 2007. We were preparing for the worst, but were pleasantly surprised.

We only really needed a place to sleep as we were in town for a family wedding. The room was about $100 a night, a little pricey for a cheap motel room in my opinion. However, the Marriott in Uniondale was charging double. Upon check-in “Dennis” was very courteous and provided us with relevant information concerning the breakfast, keeping our room key separate from our credit cards so as to not damage them, and giving us taxi information. Check-in was also very prompt.

The room was of above-average size and very clean. The bathroom was also clean and came with complimentary soap, shampoo, and body lotion. We found the bed to be very comfortable, though the pillows were not as soft as I prefer. The television came with a very large selection of available programming (approximately 50-60 channels). The room also had a microwave and refrigerator, which we put to good use. There is a restaurant right across the parking lot and a gas station convenience store next door in case you needed snacks. Finding available parking was never a problem.

There were some negative aspects about my stay to report. First, I agree with others that the walls are not very soundproof. We could hear sounds from adjoining rooms, but not so loud as to disturb us in any way. The first morning of the continental breakfast, the orange juice was pretty bad and the bagels were rock solid. However, the next morning the bagels were fresh and the orange juice was much better. The room also did not come with an alarm clock radio, so I was constantly looking at my watch for the time. The room also did not have a hair dryer.

Overall I was pleased with the motel and was not much expecting much in terms of accommodations. There is nothing special or great about this hotel, but if you’re just looking for a decent place to sleep for a night or two, you will most likely not be disappointed.

Marc T. Hardekopf

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank marc1976
Reviewed November 19, 2006

We stayed there this past Saturday night, after attending a wedding reception in the area. The room was clean and relatively comfortable. The walls were paper thin. This was a problem when our neighbors started fighting at 3 am. I woke up when he started slapping her. My boyfriend went to the reception desk and asked the clerk to call the police---instead the clerk called the room and asked the man to quiet down. Afterwards, we could still hear him "talking" and her crying. Finally, we had enough and requested a room change--that was handled promptly, and without any hassle. Again, I urged the clerk to call the police, but it was obvious that he did not want to get involved. Looking back on it, we should have called the police directly, but I was pretty scared myself. This was such an upsetting way to end a great night.

The next morning, I woke up to our new neighbors having very loud sex. At that point, I was just grateful that they were getting along.

Next time, I willl fork up the extra money to stay elsewhere, and hope for thicker walls and a nicer clientele.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wanderlust2004
Reviewed August 13, 2006

Stayed here for a Counting Crows Concert at Nikon @ Jones Beach.

It was during a heatwave and we were very worried as we walked up the two flights to our room in the "tower" and there was no A/C in the stairwell or hallways. But the room was very comfortable. Nothing special but had a desk and a couple a chairs.

Remote didn't work. Light was out in lamp. All were taken care of. My wife went down to the lobby and they gave her a new remote and a light bulb. She declined to wait for someone to replace the bulb.

Ice was difficult to come by on such a hot day. But they did have an empty mini fridge. Kept beers cold.

We were with friends who had the room next door. Opening the doors between rooms was convenient and fun.

The wake up service is automatic phone that you have to program. It woke me up on time to go to Bethpage Golf Course at 4:30a.

The continental breakast was bagels (butter and now cream cheese) and packaged muffins, OJ, coffee or tea. They have a bagel-size pop up toaster. Lobby area was A/Ced.

Price was booked 2 weeks in advance on internet for $119/night. We slept on the 4 week $129 deal at a nearby Hyatt. This was fine as we didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank teknikel
Reviewed June 16, 2005

I stayed here while visiting a friend for 1 night. For under $100 dollars I was not expecting the Hilton. It was a fine place to sleep at night... pretty clean except for some holes in my friend's comforter from a cigarette burn. Very quiet and a good place to rest, not too bad.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank DCatania
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hicksville
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Meadowbrook Motor Lodge
#2 of 5 in Jericho
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury

Been to Econo Lodge Hicksville? Share your experiences!