“dirty, depressing- I recommend one 15 minutes away”

Econo Lodge Hicksville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hicksville
Reviewed December 12, 2009

We stayed at Econolodge so as not to be a burden on friends and family we visit. The rooms were dirty in all the corners. I had switched rooms to get away from the noisy cars on the highway.

The same candy wrapper was out in the hallway for the 3 nights we stayed. I didn't pick it up, just to see if the "maids" would step over it every day rather than clean the hall.

The bathrooms was half cleaned, and the construction was lousy - caulk and drywall by an amateur repairman. Breakfast was fairly lame, but I didn't expect much.

Go to Gateway Hotel , Sunrise Highway, Merrick, NY 11566
Basic, clean hotel with good breakfast near LIRR. We paid about the same price for a much better room, in a much more presentable motel. It's a short drive from Hicksville.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2010

We are truly disappointed to hear of this guest's experience with us. We strive to provide each of our guests with a high level of service and attention to detail, and regret that we missed the mark with this guest.

We again offer the guest our apologies and thank him for his feedback which allows us to make improvements to our service.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

My room was very spacious though the bathroom was very small and cramped. I banged my leg on the shower door while I was taking a shower! The toilet was the old "valve" type and not aestetically pleasing. It looked like an old hotel that Econo Lodge bought and renovated. TV channel selection was limited though free HBO was available in the room. Temperature control on the base board radiator needs to be upgraded. Noise from outside was a little disturbing but that was only because of a tractor trailor that parked overnight right outside my room. There was no continental breakfast avialable (ran out of food???) when I checked out. I would stay here again in a pinch but not by choice.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Old motel with big, clean rooms. Large bathroom. Microwave and refrigerator. What makes it real attractive is the over 60 rate is under $100. That's tough to beat on Long Island. Two night stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I have lived on Long Island almost all my life. I needed a place to stay while visiting family. I didn't want to spend alot of money and thought how bad can it be, well,......
Don't stay here, it's the worst hotel. If I could describe it in one word, it would be "nasty", and it cost me about $100. to stay overnight, not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2009

obviously a cheap motel but the staff are nice and friendly. good location close to highway intersection and easy to get around. pretty roomy everything works fine. decent internet

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Econolodge in Hicksville, Long island. Free breakfast was bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. There’s a cigarette smell all around the downstairs area and in hallway. Maybe downstairs room allowed smoking? Large bed. Toilet paper was very scratchy. Not a great reception or reception area but it’s somewhat cheap. Should have stayed at La Quinta near Islap/Bohemia airport like my brother and mom did!

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed May 7, 2008

I can usually get something in the vicinity through Priceline, but I was unsuccessful in bidding, so I remembered this hotel from a previous stay and decided to book a room through Southwest's site for $89. I will get .5 flight credit. I refuse to pay $165 or more for basic sleeping accomodations at a nearby Fairfield or Hampton Inn that are just a notch above. This property is a bit dated, the hallway carpet is a bit off, but offers basic accomodations, free continental breakfast, and free wifi. The location is good right between the North and South Shores of Long Island. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the "window" air conditioner that is cut through the wall, its kind of noisy, but the coils were clean and it cooled the room quickly. However, I really didn't need it during my stay. There is a supermarket nearby and several restaurants as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank hammie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hicksville
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Meadowbrook Motor Lodge
Meadowbrook Motor Lodge
#2 of 5 in Jericho
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Woodbury Inn

Been to Econo Lodge Hicksville? Share your experiences!