“A bed for the night”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hicksville
Owego, New York
“A bed for the night”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Econo Lodge delivered on its promise: clean, comfortable, economy-level accommodation. We were there to stay overnight, then pick up a passenger from JFK. Our needs were few.

The king-sized bed and choice of six pillows made for a good night's sleep. The only noise we heard was the white-noise of the air conditioner, which worked well. There was a refrigerator and microwave in our room, but no coffee maker, iron, or hair dryer. A free coffee/hot chocolate machine was available in the lobby. For breakfast we had bagels, instant oatmeal, boiled egg, hot chocolate, and milk. Oranges, yogurt, and cereal were also available.

The only negatives in the room were the size of the bathroom and the quality of the tissues. Both at 5'9", we navigated the room with ease. Anyone over six feet tall would find it hard to sit on the toilet, and a large person would have difficulty with the entire room. I had a head cold that night, so I was using a lot of tissues. The hotel's tissues felt very rough. Bring your own if you have a cold.

We met Terence at the desk. He was professional. The staff was helpful and polite.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Havcarwilgo
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in making sure that all of our rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk and executive staff always looks to see that our guests are satisfied and have a pleasureable experience. We are constantly improving our property to ensure our guests satisfaction.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to seeing you soon. Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Utica, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here last week after a couple of months. I remembered why I stopped staying here. I checked in late the first night and went right to sleep. Got up and left the hotel to take care of some things, and when I returned to the room the ceiling was leaking all over the bed and my things. One of the staff called the front desk and in describing the situation told them "you know, the room I've been complaining about for a while now...". I can't believe they did nothing to fix the problem, yet put me in a room with this KNOWN issue. The only dress pants I had were stained by the leak. I moved all my things to another room, I was happy to get out of the original room because the bugs crawling across the window sill were starting to creep me out. Nothing was done to make this right by me. Not even a call from the manager. Customer satisfaction is not a priority it would seem. BTW- the constant pop-up video ads when using their internet are intrusive, annoying and unnecessary.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Travelers are raving about these Hicksville hotels

Westbury, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Being a light sleeper I didn't get much sleep here. The walls were pretty thin, and I could hear the neighboring room tv going all night. The doors do not shut lightly, so starting about 4-5am you will hear them slamming as people start to check out of the hotel, load bags in their cars, etc. And we were in a room about halfway between some of the exit doors. We could not hear anyone on the floor above us though which was good. About 7-8am you will start to hear the hotel staff laughing, joking around, shouting and knocking in doors to start cleaning them. So, don't plan on sleeping in any.

This hotel is near the center of town, right along the interstate so convenient to get around, but on the edge of an industrial area. I didn't feel unsafe like some others have stated. Breakfast was fine... bagels, toast, juice, cereal, yogurt and hard boiled eggs.

The hotel rooms are pretty clean overall, but bathroom floors and walls could use some detailing though. It is an older hotel and shows some age.

Overall, you get what you pay for here. Staff was always very friendly.

Room Tip: Far away from the exit doors, possibly second floor would be more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, June 25, 2014

Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at the econolodge in Hicksville with 4 friends after coming to see the Belmont Stakes. We got in at about 9pm the hotel had made a mistake and only had a room with a king bed for us so they comped us a second room. The hotel was very clean, we went down for the continental breakfast and met Maureen and Terrence who were very friendly and engaging. Maureen was on point with the buffet and obviously took a lot of pride in the high level of service she provided. In short, this is an econolodge and is not fancy, but it is very well run and they provided a level of service that was higher than a lot of full service hotels I've stayed in. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. Our staff always strives to see that our guests are satisfied and have a pleasureable experience. We are pleased to hear that you had a great time at the Belmont Stakes. Thank you again and we very much look forward to seeing you again real soon. Happy Travels!
Reviewed April 9, 2014

If I'm being 100% honest, we stayed here because the other hotels in the area were sold out and the ones that were available were just too expensive. That being said, the room was surprisingly large and clean, however the side door wasn't locked which took away sense of security. It served our purpose, we only needed to stay 1 night as a transit, and it was very conveniently located near restaurants and shopping. Not bad for a transit stop!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. We are in the process of installing a new lock system in the hotel and apologize for the issue we had along the way. Our guests safety and security is of utmost importance to us.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a place that can keep you on budget. The rooms are sufficiently clean, beds are comfy bumpy and the washrooms are decent. Look, if you are passing through, in the area for a short visit or just need a place to sleep and freshen up, I'd say you will be okay here. However, there are no extra facilities, I did spot a gang or two in the vicinity and there is not much to do around you. WiFi was solid. Service was friendly. A little confused but friendly. Would I go back? Only if I was required to be in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ali A
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We value your feedback and I share it with my staff to ensure that we improve in any areas we fell short. We are constantly making improvements and renovations. Should you return to the area for a visit again, we hope that you would stay with us and allow us the opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay. Happy Travels and thank you for your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hicksville
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage

Been to Econo Lodge Hicksville? Share your experiences!