“You get what you pay for..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Hicksville

Econo Lodge Hicksville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hicksville
“You get what you pay for..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

If I'm being 100% honest, we stayed here because the other hotels in the area were sold out and the ones that were available were just too expensive. That being said, the room was surprisingly large and clean, however the side door wasn't locked which took away sense of security. It served our purpose, we only needed to stay 1 night as a transit, and it was very conveniently located near restaurants and shopping. Not bad for a transit stop!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. We are in the process of installing a new lock system in the hotel and apologize for the issue we had along the way. Our guests safety and security is of utmost importance to us.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to seeing you soon. Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a place that can keep you on budget. The rooms are sufficiently clean, beds are comfy bumpy and the washrooms are decent. Look, if you are passing through, in the area for a short visit or just need a place to sleep and freshen up, I'd say you will be okay here. However, there are no extra facilities, I did spot a gang or two in the vicinity and there is not much to do around you. WiFi was solid. Service was friendly. A little confused but friendly. Would I go back? Only if I was required to be in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ali A
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We value your feedback and I share it with my staff to ensure that we improve in any areas we fell short. We are constantly making improvements and renovations. Should you return to the area for a visit again, we hope that you would stay with us and allow us the opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay. Happy Travels and thank you for your business!
Great Mills, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

As a choice priviledge member and a choice employee, I was extremely disappointed with the extreme lack of cleanliness and rude service we received during our stay. I booked 4 rooms for myself and my family and not one of my family members was impressed. During check-in Jerry was extremely rude and chucked my mother's credit card across the counter at her after commenting on our rate. We entered throught the side door of the building which by the way wasn't even locked allowing anyone to just walk in and out. There was trash, leaves, and dirt at the bottom of the stairwell which continued on all the way down the hall to our rooms. The bathrooms were extremely small and there was mold on the top of the sink and in the shower. My parents room didn't even have heat and as much as they tried they could not get it to work. I am extremely disappointed that I brought my family to this so called choice property. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia L
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Patricia,
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I take my guests feedback very seriously and am personally looking into all areas that you found to be an issue during your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with my front desk manager as well as my housekeeping manager to ensure future guests have a pleasant experience. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may have the opportunity to make this right for you.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with great service and accommodations on your next visit to Hicksville.
Marlo Signoracci, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Hicksville hotels

Yaphank, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Everything was satisfactory except the temperature of the room. When first entered it was frigid! Despite my best attempts, the most heat I could get out of the system only brought the room up to chilly. At 8:30 pm I tried calling the front desk, but there was no answer. I have difficulty walking and I was in the furthest room from the lobby, so I just endured the cold until checkout.

Room Tip: Fix the heating system. Provide instructions for use. Have temperature in the room moderate when gue...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If there is any way that I can assist you further, please feel free to call me directly. Happy Travels!
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I have stayed in five Econo Lodges in the past two months. They certainly run the gamut! The Econo Lodge Hicksville was one of our least liked. Cleanliness is the most important factor to me, and this one just didn't cut it. Although the sheets and pillow cases were washed, and technically "clean", there were stains all over the sheets. I don't care if you are a budget hotel, it is still no excuse to keep using sheets with stains in them! Furthermore, there was hair on the pillow case and cigarette ashes (despite being a non-smoking room) in the bathroom sink. Othwerwise, the night passed quite peacefully, however it's hard to truly relax and feel right sleeping on a stained sheet and a pillow with someone else's hair! We booked this hotel directly on the Choice Hotels website and we choose it because it was one of the cheaper options on a Saturday night in the area. Having now experienced it though, next time I would probably spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Econo Lodge.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping Director to ensure we handle these types of situations differently moving forward. We take our reviews and feedback very seriously. I can promise you that immediate action has been taken to ensure this does not occur again.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations in the future.
Port Washington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Staying at the Econo Lodge Hicksville was a pleasure. From the moment you walk in the door, you are greeted by a staff who will do it all for you!! The rooms are spacious, the beds are so comfortable and the location you can not beat. Highly suggest staying at this location in the heart of Long Island.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. Happy Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hicksville
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
BEST WESTERN Woodbury Inn
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury

Been to Econo Lodge Hicksville? Share your experiences!