“Got Everything Wrong”
Review of Peppercorns

Peppercorns
Reserve with OpenTable
Peppercorns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 174 Restaurants in Hicksville
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We ate here on a whim during the week and it was busy but not crowded. As we sat there with our menus on ladies night, I ordered a salad off the ladies night menu and my server said I could not have it because I am a male. I offered to skip the soup or pay a premium, but no dice. I went with a plain burger. The server said "no plain burgers, they all come with fries."
My wife ordered a steak very rare and it came to the table medium. When she sent it back, the manager tried to convince her that it was indeed rare. My daughter played it safe with the chicken caeser salad but the chicken was dry and inedible. We were collectively stunned and the party at the next table even commented on our 'luck'.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We often frequent this neighborhood spot. Generally find this restaurant to be good to excellent. Been going there for a number of years but lately it has been hit or miss.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The restaurant is located in an old firehouse. Lively bar crowd. The portions were quote large, sevice friendly and adequate and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Visited Peppercorn's on Columbus Day 2012. The restaurant featured it's Oktoberfest Menu, a prixe fix that was varied in its selections, but included soup du jour or salad, entree and dessert. We all had the Soup du jour which was the Southwestern Chicken and Corn Chowder, hearty and spicy, the Wiener Schnitzel with red cabbage and mashed potatoes and we also tried the NY cheesecake and carrot cake. It was all good for 21.95 US. One of our party had a dry cabernet and I had a German Pilsner. The service was good, prompt and professional. I haven't been here in years, but it has always been consistent in quality. The ambiance is perfect for formal or informal get-togethers or even a romantic quiet dinner too. If from out of town and have just finished a round of golf at Bethpage Black this restuarant is a nice out of the way place to rendezvous after the round for dinner for business without making your bean counters freak on the expense account. You could even take the train to Hicksville and walk the few blocks to the restaurant located directly across the headquarters of the Fire District if coming from the city. It's a very nice place for lunch or for dinner with plenty of parking as well.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had our daughter-in-law's Birthday meal in this fantastic restaurant, we have been to this cosy place prior to this meal and always had very good service, very large portions and always cooked to our specifications.Great value for money. Staff are polite and friendly.
A fantastic place to eat, drink and enjoy.