“Real Ripoff experience and extremely pushy waitress”

Rangmahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 170 Restaurants in Hicksville
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lawnview Aveune
Transit: Located near the Hicksville train station.
NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real Ripoff experience and extremely pushy waitress”
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I agree with the previous review. Waitress is overly pushy trying to get you to order the most expensive dishes. She also tried the bait and switch on us. She also bills you her own prices not what is stated on the menu. Don't be suprised to see that she added a couple of dollars to each item you order on the menu. I've paid alot less for better dining experience. They also participate in gift certificate programs like restaurant.com but will not honor them because as she stated "I said so it is my rule". If you want a ripoff experience then this is the place to go.

1 Thank mayli26

Long Island
“Rangmahal, watch out, bait and switch on the menu prices!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Food is good, however, watch out for the switch and bait menu prices...
tonight we ate there and my wife had a dish on the menu for $12.95 and I had a dish on the menu for $10.95. When the bill came the price for my wife's dish was $20.95 and mine was $19.95, the owner's pushy wife said they were out of the food, (chicken curry), we ordered and that they had to substitute it for other dishes; yet they failed to tell us this until the bill arrived at our table. I pointed it out to the owner and he offered a lousy 10% refund. Be careful, they need to take a math class or two!

1 Thank AS22LongIsland
“Excellent classic Indian...”
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Excellent classic Indian food! The lady who runs it is a bit pushy, but she totally knows what she's talking about. If she tells you to try something, you'd be a fool not to. Their specialty drinks are fabulous too!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food, Beautiful presentation,Good prices and nice people. Great drinks..”
Reviewed March 4, 2008

Great food, Beautiful presentation,Good prices and nice people. Great drinks..

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook