“Fine, eh”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nothing special. Chips and salsa were bland. Nice roving musicians gave the place atmosphere. Nice that they take reservations. Prices were fine. Just a different place to go when you want variety.

There are newer reviews for Mangoes

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband & I had heard great things about this restaurant. We recently went for lunch on a Sunday, when they opened at 2:00 pm - they actually only serve 'dinner' on Sundays, so although we were there when they first opened at 2:00, we were charged dinner prices...

The menu was boring and offered only the standard 'Mexi-American' fare including fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, etc. We started with table-side guacamole, which was completely flavorless. It was made without any peppers at all... For our meals, my husband went with the chile rellano and I had chicken fajitas. His plate was covered in melted yellow cheese (first sign of a poor Mexican restaurant) and mine was cooked in way too much oil. Overall the flavors in both entrees was bland. No heat, kick or spice to compete with the cheese & oil-laden plates.

We will not be returning to this restaurant.

1  Thank TPalm22
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The restaurant is quite lively and it appears that drinks are their specialty.
The prices were good and the food tasted authentic. The service was also good. On the weekend, the place gets quite crowded. If you're into cheese, I strongly recommend the melted queso appetizer. I had a similar dish in Mexico and this came quite close to that. My husband enjoyed his steak and I enjoyed my combo platter.
I would highly recommend Mangoes.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

The food was authentic Mexican food at a good price..