“Great food, Great Service!”
Review of La Finca

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Finca
Ranked #31 of 170 Restaurants in Hicksville
Cuisines: Colombian
Farmingdale, New Jersey, United States
“Great food, Great Service!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have an office in Hicksville and visit a couple weeks a month and have eaten almost everywhere in Hicksville but being Spanish I had not really found anything that matched up to home cooking until last night. The service was excellent from the beginning, the empandas are out of this world better then what my Father's wife makes and she is Columbian. Anyway great place! Highly recommend. Will make it a point to eat there every time I visit

• Visited September 2013

Hicksville, New York
“Great good, great price, unnoticed gem!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I have driven by La Finca for close to ten years, paying it little notice.

Friends invited us to join them one night, and not having tried Columbian food, we have it a try. What a pleasant surprise!

From the outside, La Finca looks small and unassuming, even with it's bright yellow paint scheme (which I now realize is trimmed with red and blue - all together the colors of Columbia).

The restaurant is not large, but the tables are very comfortable. On our most recent visit, there was international soccer on the TV, and a few patron appeared to have come in specifically to watch it. The remaining guests were a mix of families and couples, more than one of whom were probably there to try this unfamiliar food.

I would recommend starting with empanadas as an appetizer - these are ordered by the piece and are very reasonably prices. Make sure to save room for the entree though.

The menu is so large and varied, that it is hard to believe that all the ingredients can fit in the small kitchen! Pork, beef, chicken, seafood, BREAKFAST items - you name, they have it! I have now tried a number of items, but one of my favorites is the flank steak in creole sauce (Sobrebarriga a la criolla). All entrees are served with rice, beans, plantain, and a corn cake. If you are a beer drinker, be sure to try one of their Columbian beers. Wine drinkers in our party swear by the sangria.

The kids were very happy with house made chicken fingers and fries.

All in all, the portions are large, the prices reasonable, and the service very friendly and attentive. If you are looking for casual Columbian dining in Nassau County, look no further!

• Visited June 2013