“Bash the Smash” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Farmingdale, New York
“Bash the Smash”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had never eaten at a Smashburger until last night. Drove out of the way to eat here and was impressed by the way I was assisted in the ordering process. The cashier seemed caring and on his game. Good job for a New Yorker!

Our party grabbed one of the last open tables and were served our meal within 10 minutes. The bacon burger looked good until I took my first bite. The bacon was full of fat and chewed like rubber. Fortunately I was able to pull the piece out and the other bacon strips had less fat in them but still were somewhat fatty to chew.

I had been encouraged to order the sweet potato fries but they were fairly overcooked. I asked the man sitting next to us if he thought they were overcooked as he had just had similar fries delivered to him. He said yes but was accepting of them. At the end of eating my meal the cashier was now cleaning up a table next to me and when I asked him if my fries had been overcooked, he looked at them and said they are usually that browned or just somewhat less. Needless to say I did not finish the fries. So be it I guess.

Probably won't go back. I don't like paying $11+ bucks for a so-so meal. Houlihans or Chilis would have been a little more with the tip but better choice.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mark L

Selden, New York
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went here for lunch and got the bacon cheese burger and onions straws. It was good and probably equivalent to Shake Shack as far as price and taste. Everything was good and the decor was nice. A little pricey for lunch but quite good. Service was also good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bayside, New York
“Amazing burgers, fries, chicken sandwiches AND salads!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

The burgers and fries are fantastic! I've compared them to Shake Shack and I have to say they are far, FAR better. The prices are fair for what you get (this isn't mc donald's afterall) and the service is really great. We love going here for lunch or dinner.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“awesome burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had a bogo free coupon so we headed over there and I got the bacon, chedder, fried onionsburger which was awesome.

Coram, New York
“Smashburger almost super!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Decided to bring home some burgers and fries. Burgers were excellent but the Baja spicy was just too hot. Spices drowned out all the flavor of the burger. We got smash fries and smash potato fries which had good flavor but fries seemed like frozen kind.
Overall good burgers but not cheap, be prepared to spend 10-12 dollars for a burger, fries and drink.

1 Thank blewnc