“The Most Wonderful Place for Kids”

Long Island Puppet Theatre
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My children and I went to see The Little Mermaid, the show was great.
My 5 and 6 year old loved the show. The place was beautiful and cozy.
What a great place for kids!!

2  Thank Ray S

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had my daughters 5th birthday here and it was fantastic! The place did not have any "crap" like others said..it had a lot of interesting puppets to look at, which the kids loved . The food was really good and most important my daughter and her friends had so much fun! The people in there were really nice and they kept asking me if I needed anything, which I thought was great! The owner is hilarious and great to talk to. I will definitely have my sons birthday here also because of how much fun my daughter had and the price was perfect!

2  Thank NyMom711
Reviewed February 18, 2013

So much to see!!!
This is a wonderful place to take your children.
Very clean...
Every time I visit my family in NY this is the first place my daughter(6) asks to go.

2  Thank gabriella r
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We took my 15 month old here for the Elmo puppet show along with a friend and her kids. I checked the place out online and thought it looked cute and for the price why not give it a shot. Upon walking in the front door I knew we were in for it. The lobby area is filled with all sorts of "crap" and it seemed dusty and dirty. We went into the theatre which had a nice setup. Once the show started we thought we were in the twilight zone. The puppets were great but the puppeteer was strange. He wasn't doing any voices just taking out each puppet making them move. My son is little so even the appearance of the puppets made him smile which was good. But then there was some crazy loud lazer show that took place which kind of freaked the kids out. The whole time my husband and I felt uncomfortable like we were in an episode of CSI in a delusional person's residence.

This place has the potential to be a great place for kids if promoted correctly and upon the hire of some TALENT!!! In the meantime, stay away.

7  Thank travelgirl824
See more reviews
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I suggested my daughter and son-in-law take their 21/2 year old to the Little Mermaid show. They were excited to take her. The theatre was cute, but the show as they said "was lame". Two puppets, the puppet voices were a recording that was sort of muffled and left a lot to be desired. Two other children were there also and lost interest for most of the show.
My granddaughter wanted to put her head on her moms shoulder, very unusual for her!
A waste of $36. And I was going to take my other grandkids to see Wizard of Oz. Probably not now.........

6  Thank MarSue6