“Very good ,small portions ,high prices”
Review of West East Bistro

West East Bistro
Ranked #47 of 170 Restaurants in Hicksville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bloomingdale Road
Description: West East Bistro brings together cuisines from West to East into one sophisticated and comfortable setting. Offering freshly made dishes featuring ingredients and cooking techniques you love, but in new and delicious combinations. Our Autumn menu features Beijing Special Salmon, Pad Thai, Dim Sum, Shrimp 'n Grits, and Venison Chops. All of our meats are pasture raised, hormone/antibiotic free and our produce is strictly organic. We are also pleased to feature a 'Healthy Kids Menu.' We provide a carefully selected wines, cold sakes, beers and top-shelf liquors to enhance your dining experience and pair with our Western/Asian fusion dishes. We welcome BYO (with $15/bottle corkage fee. Appetizers range from $7-12; Entrees: $16-28. Bi-monthly, West East hosts themed wine dinners which are a great way to sample new cuisines, new wines and make new friends! Please visit our website for all promos and event information.
long island, ny
“Very good ,small portions ,high prices”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was out all day running around, and next thing I knew it was 12 hours later and I was starving.. I heard this place was fantastic so we decided to pop In for dinner.. Greeted so nicely and promptly seated in the tastefully decorated restaurant.. Menu is very nice with lots of options for everyone to satisfy.. I chose the braised duck legs.. It was DELISH!! However the potion was TINY.. I am not in anyway a big eater- usually in fact I order an apt because I find most portions to be very big. I tasted the duck and omg is was incredible.. But it was gone in 4 bites and left me wanting a few bites more.. The sauce was so fantastic, but not enough duck to really soak it up. I could of dipped bread in to really make it a meal but there wasn't any.. We both were still Hungary since it was the only thing we ate all day so decided on dessert for a first.. The rice pudding is knock your socks off great... Carrot cake was huge!! (Go figure) very good but too.. Overall very good place to eat

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank mellowkat

Westbury, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Far better food and service under new ownership”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Went to West East Bistro when it first opened years ago. Food was bland; period. Under new chef and owners, top shelf cocktails are on point, food is tasty, staff members are attentive, décor is stylish. On top of this, the food is organic and sourced locally. Ordered the lobster mac, baaaang baaang shrimp, seared scallops, stir fry seafood dish, and green tea tiramisu with grand mariner. Nothing disappointed. We left more than satisfied and would be patronizing this establishment in the near future. Perhaps those giving poor reviews have palates accustomed to msg laden dishes. If you want, fresh, naturally full flavored food; then the new West East is for you!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ogbeyalu
Long Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't get enough!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

So many amazing new things about this place. Love that I can eat out and know I am eating good quality food. Can't wait to return!!

arson83
“SKIP IT!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

DON'T pick this place because they offer 1,000 point reservations on OpenTable at 6pm on a Saturday!

This place used to be a hidden gem. Now, it's just hidden. The portions are TINY! The first item listed on the house salad is beets... there might have been 1/8th of a beet on this. This is not an exaggeration. It was a 3 bite salad.

We came here because we decided last minute to go out for dinner and didn't feel like waiting anywhere. We knew nobody would be here, as there is never a wait and the food used to be good. Most of the food is just ok, but everything is tiny, and it's Manhattan prices.

We went home and ate again. We were going to order dessert but figured it would come in a thimble. Service was spotty at best. There is nobody ever in this restaurant, and yet our server never checked on us. I wanted to ask for Sriracha for my food but I never saw him, and it was so small that I was done by the time we ever saw him.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank arson83
“Just OK for Price.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Food and Service can be better for what they charge. Decor and music is nice. Catered parties they put 20 percent charge on top of bill for admistrative fees, I booked my party at another restaurant because I refuse to pay this fee at any catering facility. This is what they are in business to do there should be no extra fees.

• Visited February 2014