“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bloomingdale Road
Description: West East Bistro brings together cuisines from West to East into one sophisticated and comfortable setting. Offering freshly made dishes featuring ingredients and cooking techniques you love, but in new and delicious combinations. Our Autumn menu features Beijing Special Salmon, Pad Thai, Dim Sum, Shrimp 'n Grits, and Venison Chops. All of our meats are pasture raised, hormone/antibiotic free and our produce is strictly organic. We are also pleased to feature a 'Healthy Kids Menu.' We provide a carefully selected wines, cold sakes, beers and top-shelf liquors to enhance your dining experience and pair with our Western/Asian fusion dishes. We welcome BYO (with $15/bottle corkage fee. Appetizers range from $7-12; Entrees: $16-28. Bi-monthly, West East hosts themed wine dinners which are a great way to sample new cuisines, new wines and make new friends! Please visit our website for all promos and event information.
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Excellent service and very good food. My husband and I went there with friends and we were very surprised that we had never heard of it. Would definitely return. You have to try the purple rice pudding!!!

1  Thank Donna81Us

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I don't understand where these great reviews came from. The food was terrible, we ordered the shrimp and watercress dumplings as a starter. Shrimp was overcooked and rubbery, and completely tasteless. For entrees we had the Long Island Duck Breast. The duck breast was very undercooked, despite my asking for it to be well cooked. The inner slices had large veins of fat and gristle, and were completely inedible. My mom ordered the steamed sea bass, a special that was great at being bland.

Their menu is also poorly written, when I ordered the duck, I noticed that it came with mashed yams, and I asked our waiter specifically if that was different from the candied yams side dish. She said it was, and when the dish arrived, candied yams were on the plate, with duck?!. My mom's dish was supposed to contain jasmine rice, but apparently only brown or white rice is available, and they've never served jasmine rice. Also, at 7:45 PM on a Saturday night, they had already run out of calamari.

The service, which could have saved the experience, was awful as well. Our waitress was not friendly, never introduced herself or made any suggestions, and was very impatient. As I stated above she never paid attention to any of our requests and was very rude to us.

I would never eat at this place ever again, and for a $90 meal this is pitiful. Save your money and for true fusion, go to Copper Wok or Masala Wok. There's a reason this dump is so far off the beaten path, so no one will miss it when it's gone!

2  Thank Arjun M
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I don't normally take the time to write reviews. i have been going since it opened for lunch.
I have taken and there by friends, colleagues, employees, and customers for lunch. I have there with my family for dinner, and run into other family members there. it is my daughters favorite non-Italian restaurant.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I've eaten here about once a month since it opened. Restaurant is halfway between informal and fancy. I would call it elegantly informal. Prices are very reasonable for quality, quantity and creativity of food. Also, service is very efficient, even when crowded. Same staff since I can remember, which also says alot. I really love this place.

Reviewed July 21, 2009

West East Bistro was very filling. Although it was disappointing because the menu had very limited choices, most of which sounded the same. Maybe a total of 15 different dishes. (Personally I prefer a larger range of options). Prices ranged from $12 to $25 dollars. The shrimp was very tasty. Me and my boyfriend went there and ordered two entrees each 13 or 14 dollars. Bill came to about $30 or $40 with drinks, tax and tip. I found it to be a bit pricey and was disappointed at the selection. The food was good but not great.