“Clean, safe, easy to find, inexpensive- perfect for me!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer

Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Newport Beach, CA
“Clean, safe, easy to find, inexpensive- perfect for me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

My dad lives about 15 minutes from this hotel. He was the one to originally recommended it to me. I travel from California almost every year to see him and I always stay here. It's clean, the rooms are a decent size, not a small closet, and staff is very helpful and nice, albeit not overly friendly. It's right off the throughway, so who knows who they see. And unlike another review I read, I've never had any noise issues. Also, they have (or at least used to have) a stamp card program. Stay 8 nights, get the 9th free or something.

I recommend this hotel for anyone exploring upstate NY and wanting a central location, family or alone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank schoolgirl77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

I was able to get a room at Herkimer Motel and Suites for the Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony only two months out. Everything in Cooperstown, Oneonta, and the surroundings were stuffed.

When we arrived, I realized I had actually booked a Euro Double room (a room with a single full-size bed). Paul at the front desk was awesome. We got a complimentary cot the first night and he found us a real double room for the next two nights.

I was also worried about how crowded the roads to Cooperstown would be for the inducion weekend. Needless to say, this was not a problem. The 30 minute drive into Cooperstown on US20/NY80 was quick, scenic, and uncongested.

We had a great weekend and knowing we had a nice place to come back to every night was great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

We were on the last leg of our 4000 mile car ride. Stopped at the rest area to pick up a coupon book, to find a hotel, for the night. Saw this one and did a quick check on trip advisor. Seemed to have the best reviews of all the ones we checked, so we decided to stop. We got a double queen bed suite for $106.00. You could tell the place was recently renovated. Everything was spotless. New flat screen TV. Great beds. Breakfast was simple. Cereal, toast, bagels & yogurt. Good enough for me. After all the B & B's we had stayed at and all the big breakfasts we ate, simple sounded good. I would recommend this place for an overnight or longer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ontheroadagain65
Newburgh, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was traveling with my mother to the area and requested a non-smoking room due to her allergies. The hotel website showed refurbished modern rooms (flat screen tvs, etc). The staff was cordial, but the room was NOT non-smoking! We could not switch rooms as the hotel was sold out and there was really no other hotel in the area. We shared the problem with the staff who claimed it WAS non-smoking (never came to see how bad it smelled) and gave us a can of air freshener. We had to sleep with the window open, air conditioner on and the bathroom fan running! We did not receive any sort of discount for the false advertising. I knew this was an older motel that has been updated and did not expect The Four Seasons, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gottagetaway1
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

We were on our way back from Niagra Falls and stopped to visit family in Herkimer. What a great little motel!! Clean and everything in the room was new. The room we stayed in was as nice or even better than some of the bigger chains. We had two very comfortable double beds with a very nice size refrigerator. The continental breakfast was very nice and included yougurts, bagels etc. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and very cheerful. We were highly impressed. Don't let the small privately owned motel appearance from the outside fool you. Cleanliness is a major factor with me and this motel exceeded my expectations. Located right off the highway. Stay here.....you won't be dissappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 0827traveler
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

My wife and I were on an Upstate NY driving vacation. Planned on staying in Utica but didn't find any motel that looked inviting. Saw the Herkimer Motel and Suites listed in one of those highway motel listing booklets. What a great stay and value. Clean, updated, quiet and a very friendly staff. Highly recommended (find the coupon).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

The room was very clean and at a reasonable price for the area. Well located for the four towns in the Mohawk Valley. No restaurant directly in the motel but several good restaurants in the area. Clean indoor pool (I did not use). Helpful at the front desk though a bit cold to strangers, the staff seemed very distrusting to someone who is staying there. This is not the quietest of places to stay though.. most of rooms face the parking lot and a great deal of noise can be heard from your room. The beds are ok though a bit soft for my liking. I had to take a smoking room as the non-smoking rooms were all taken. They did their best to remove the smell but I had to settle for a pretty pungent odor, to their credit, they did advise me that the room was a smoking room in advance.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Hampton Inn Utica
#1 of 13 in Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!