“herkimer hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
new jersey
“herkimer hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2008

On a recent trip to Niagara Falls we stopped at the Herkimer Hotel. We were a little worried because it is not a "known chain". What a delight to find a privately owned hotel that was excellent. We stayed on the second floor in a newly renovated King interior corridor room. At first it seemed a little weird because there was only one window and we were tucked into a corner. The window did not open and we looked out onto the roof. We were worried about what if a fire or how would we get out. There was a fire extinguisher in the room which I guess is what makes this particular type of room code. Anyway the room looked like a moderen NY city hotel room. Greatest bed of our whole trip. Clean and non smoking, a small fridge in room, very clean bathroom. Don't forget to mention triple AAA if you are a memeber. I think we payed 78.00 for the night,. Had a great dinner at the albany street cafe right in town.

• Liked — Fresh sheets the bed without an old dirty bedspread like a marriott without the price tag.
  • Disliked — interior corridor
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emhjsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Norwich, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

I travel to Herkimer at least a dozen times a year and stay at the "Herkimer Motel". I learned about the Herkimer from a friend who recommended it because my wife is on PD dialysis. We needed a very clean room. The rooms are the cleanest and put many of the larger motel chains to shame. The office staff, the ladies who clean the rooms and the maintainence staff are great. Rates are good also. I highly recommend the "Herkimer".

• Liked — very clean and well maintained
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rufusNorwich_CT
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

This is a clean comfortable hotel at a reasonable price! The Herkimer Motel is family run and it shows in the property and service they provide. This is an excellent choice when visiting the Herkimer area. Our hotel room and the breakfast room were clean. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. We requested that no spray chemicals be used in our room during our stay. Still our room was carefully cleaned and fresh when we returned each day without chemical smells. We had a king room which also had a refrigerator and a small microwave. These are added benefits when traveling. The price of the room was very reasonable and we felt secure in the establishment. Young families and older adults, such as us were in evidence. Breakfast was typical cereal and bagels fare. The bagels were fresh and replenished, being checked several times while we were in the breakfast room. There was fresh coffee and hot water for tea. Also available were three juices and yoghurt. The hotel was completely booked the Friday and Saturday nights we stayed yet it did not feel “crowded” in breakfast room in the mornings and people were polite. The hotel’s location is between the NY Thruway and a train track but the noise from both was well blocked. We did not hear any neighbors, flushing, or showers. There was an exercise room with modern equipment, a TV with many channels, free wireless internet, and a pool, which looked good but we did not test for temperature. However, there were adult swimmers in the pool, so it must have been a reasonable temperature. This is an excellent choice if you are looking to visit the area or just to spend a night on your way to somewhere else. It is located at exit 30 on I 90, about 60 minutes west of Albany, NY.

• Liked — This is a clean comfortable hotel at a reasonable price!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CGNewYork
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

My family and I had planned a 5 day trip to Niagara Falls, Canada from Connecticut and thought we would stay half-way through our trip and visit Herkimer Diamond Mines. I found Herkimer Motel & Suites doing a Google search. Don't hesitate to stay here - we had a brand new room - very nicely decorated with a small refrigerator (which held plenty) and a microwave). The outdoor pool was very clean and had trees around it. The staff was very friendly and had a quaint lobby with board games and free use of a computer. The continental breakfast is in a nice bright room with about 6 tables - you could take food out of the room as well. We were told that our room was one of the first rooms to be redecorated and they were still continuing to renovate their second floor rooms. Be sure to ask for a newly renovated room to be sure - we were very happy with this motel and would definitely go back. It was conveniently located right off the highway (I-90 I believe). Definitely Recommend!!!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No balconies or outdoor chairs
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Capecodder64
New Milford, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

The hotel is being renovated a bit and was really clean. The price was ok. The train is REALLY close and VERY active. All considering I would stay there again with the exception of this one issue. We booked an adjoining room. It was vital that we stay in connecting rooms. I booked directly with the hotel. We confirmed twice and both times were assured we were all set. When we arrived we did not have adjoining rooms. I was told there was nothing that could be done and that I actually hadn't required the connecting room only requested it (this is untrue). The woman was very snippy and told me if I was not satisfied with my room she would refund me and I could look for a room someplace else.....this was not possible or I'd have done it on the spot. At check out I spoke with the woman who made the reservation for me. She tried to deny that I had required a certain room but when I showed proof she said "Oh look they whited out your room assignment and gave it to someone else....they shouldn't have done that." Hotel workers need to understand how important these issues are, especially when you are bringing young children with you.

Most everyone else at the hotel was great. This was a big sore spot.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to book 3 nights at this hotel and I am glad I did.

The hotel does have a heated swimming pool. The pool was out of commission for 1 day but what really impressed me was the fact that I received a phone call from the hotel a few days before I left to tell me that the pool was going to be closed for one day for repairs. How many places would do this. Very impressive.

I found that staff very helpful with directions and advice on places to eat (you really need to try Vinny's)

I would definitely stay here again (despite the double beds) and recommend this to friends and family.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — no king size bed
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mtebor
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

The Herkimer Motel is an independently owned motel with very clean and updated rooms. (bug free) We have stayed here on two occasions and will be staying here whenever we are in the Herkimer area. The staff is friendly and the continental breakfast is well presented. This place makes an effort to deliver high quality accommodations. It is AAA rated and offers a 10% discount. Also, there is a Denny's restaurant next to the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Vinsanity
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Hampton Inn Utica
#1 of 13 in Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!