“Recommend! Especially for families!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Clifton Park, NY
“Recommend! Especially for families!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I found this motel through Trip Advisor and decided to try it because of the good reviews. We were not disappointed. As a family of 6 (two adults and four teens) it's very hard to find somewhere to stay where you don't have to book two rooms. Herkimer Motel had a 2 suite room with 3 queen beds for a very reasonable price. I was thrilled with that and didn't expect much more, so we were really amazed at how nice it was. Clean, comfortable, spacious. Our room also had a kitchenette with a microwave, fridge/freezer, sink and cabinets. There were two flat screen televisions, a nice work table, wifi, and wow...really soft towels that felt like they should have been from a luxury hotel. We didn't get to try out the pool or the fitness center, but both looked nice. The lobby was very inviting with nice little touches like games, reading material, etc. The continental breakfast was fine as well...English muffins, bagels, cold cereal, oatmeal, boiled eggs, yogurt, muffins, juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but we thought it was quite good. The staff is also very friendly and professional. Yes, it is between train tracks and the thruway. We were in the back building and it really didn't bother us. The only "problem" was our upstairs neighbors who sounded like they were conducting a track meet over our heads at 11:30pm. Honestly...I'm a heavy sleeper and not much keeps me awake (not even trains or a thruway), but these folks were incredibly noisy. There was also some kind of motorized noise...it almost sounded like they were vacuuming, but not quite. I'm still curious what that was about...maybe inflating air mattresses? Anyway, that's certainly not the motel's fault. I only bring it up because I finally had to call the front desk at about midnight as we were not getting any sleep. They were friendly and understanding and immediately said they would call the other room for us. I was surprised to get a call back from the front desk within about a minute, just letting us know that the folks above had just checked in and "should be settling down in a few minutes". As a bonus, the motel is quite close to eating and shopping and attractions like the Herkimer Diamond Mine, Reminton Arms Museum and Erie Canal Cruise. I really can't imagine staying anywhere else next time we're in Herkimer!

Room Tip: As per other tips, I requested a room "in the middle" to cut down on train/thruway noise...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank cbkkjt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Riverhead
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stopped for one night on our way to Niagara Falls at this A plus motel and were more than impressed! This motel had it all...great room and beds, so neat and clean (thanks to our housekeeper Gladys) and comfortable. The room was quiet even though it was near the highway, and the staff was sooo pleasant and helpful. The breakfast room was bright and cheery and had a good selection of cold foods
to get your day well started. I thought this little motel actually was better in some ways than your "Name Brand 4 star" hotels. Definitely a great choice and wonderful value for your money!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Susquehanna, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great people own an run this place. Very clean. Parking is a little tough if you are in the back building and have alot of stuff like we did but It was worth it. This is the best place to stay in Herkimer and the locals will tell you that. The staff is so helpful and full of knowledge. Ask them before you choose an event to do. Their tip will be well worth it.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask the front desk for recommendations. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike C
Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We happened upon this sweet little place late one evening. What a joy it was to find that it was such a wonderful place to stay. The interiors were well furnished and very clean, with very comfortable beds. The staff was friendly and eager to help. This family owned hotel is one that we hope we will visit again.

Room Tip: No elevators, so if you are unable to carry bags up the stairs, be sure to ask for a first floor roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ashtabula, Ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a well kept older motel with outside doors. Was perfect for my short one night stay on a quick trip home. Great location right off the turnpike. Staff was friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is nothing to write home about but it got me out the door and on my way.
Great value and would stay again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank spinman15
norwood
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the Herkimer Motel& Suites last night. And while I always do my research of reviews on places to stay, it is always great when they check out right! Great room, friendly and caring staff and a great price! It was also just off I90 and very easy to find. we were concerned that because of that it might be noisy, but our room was very quiet. We aso got a wonderful recommendation for a place for supper called PKs Pub. We will be coming back through onI90 next week and look forward to our next stay! Big thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank chickadee98
Highland Mills
Reviewed July 24, 2013

During my recent stay ay Herkimer Hotel and Suites Kayla C provided great maid servvice for my room. My four night stay was quite pleasurable and one reason was the cleanliness of my room. Kayla not only kept the room as neat as a pin, but also kept the room well supplied with clean towels, a nicely made bed, coffee, and soap , shampoo, and conditioner. Kayla was always smiling and has a wonderful personality which made me feel very comfortable.I have already made my reservations next year and this hotel for my family reunion. Kayla C is an asset to Herkimer Hotel and Suites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Francis Q
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Hampton Inn Utica
#1 of 13 in Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!