“Very pleasant stay”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The rooms have been upgraded far beyound Luxury Hotel staus// they are all nice and clean the staff is friendly and The food in the area was GREAT. One thing that stood out was the Site Engineer Garry... this guy has really turned this place into a Gem. Anything that we needed or any questions they had all the answers. The people here really cares for this Hotel as if it is their own home and this helped my guests and I feel right at home for our week long stay. We shall return!

P.S// The internet was FREAKING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! & Breakfast was Great ;)

Room Tip: Rooms in the Back have a Great view and are large
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cornelius E

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I last reviewed this motel in 2009, stayed again this past weekend and it deserves a 2nd 5 star review - can only say that this motel is such a pleasure to stay at - clean, comfortable and well-priced. The people at the front desk are always pleasant and accommodating!!! Especially, when checking out this morning, when the desk clerk and I found we had "winter, falling on snow broken wrists" in common. Lovely woman and a great asset to the establishment. The free internet, 24 hour coffee and hot apple cider (what a surprise) in the lobby, free post cards, and little mint, chocolate candies certainly added to the experience. The rooms are large, clean and quiet. Can't say enough "good" about this motel - but, will return again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DMF53
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Howes Cavern and were pleasantly suprised. I was a little worried when I saw that the hotel was just off the interstate but road noise was not a problem at all. We had a suite with a king bed and two doubles/queens. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel staff was incredibly friendly. The keurig in the lobby with different flavors of coffee was really appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kelly v
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff was especially kind and helpful One of the housekeepers Des really went out of her way to ensure we felt at home and had everything we needed. Great place to stay very clean and staff was professional and the food was great in the morning in which the selection was amazing with cereal toast waffles and juice. I was also impressed with a gym for visitors that had great equipment and clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FredR159
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Herkimer Motel and Suites is the only place to stay in Herkimer unless you want to stay at the place that rents by the hour. The room was a decent size, but there were definite problems. There is absolutely no counter space in the bathroom. The sink is a stand-alone sink with one little 3' wide by about 1 foot shelf above it. I had to put my makeup and all other bathroom stuff on a chair outside of the bathroom. No bathtub, either, just a shower. I sat on the end of the bed to put on my socks and the head of the bed started to raise like a teeter-totter! My room was on the 2nd floor and there is no elevator. It definitely is not handicapped accessible. The breakfast did not include any hot foot or fresh/whole fruit. I was there for 4 breakfasts and am diabetic. There is nothing there without carbs. I asked for extra hangers and had to wait until the next day for them. I also could not get the TV to work and was told they would have to call in the maintenance man from his home as it was after hours. The staff were friendly and very apologetic. I ended up figuring out it was the batteries in the TV remote and they brought me new batteries immediately.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped, make sure you ask for a room on the ground floor. It's also noisy if yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stay here for our annual business trip (every year since 2000). At least 3 nights per trip. Always a good night's rest! Even better since updating rooms. Friendly desk staff. They recommend great restaurants and fun activities. Well done!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was in Herkimer visiting family and friends & stayed at the Herkimer Motel. From the moment I entered the inviting lobby, I was warmly greeted. When I entered my room, I was pleasantly surprised, was I in Herkimer? If I didn't know better I would have thought I was in a high end Hotel in NYC or San Francisco. The decor was impressive, the bed comfy & everything was clean and fresh. This is the only place you should stay and you won't regret it. The Herkimer Motel is a true
"Gem".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LucyB_Vt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Travelodge Little Falls
Travelodge Little Falls
#1 of 1 in Little Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!