“Excellent Bread Makes Good Sandwiches”

Heidelberg Bakery Store
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Herkimer
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Following other reviewers we went north on rt 28 about a mile (past the Hannaford's) and located Heidelberg just in time to order sandwiches on a late (5:15) Monday afternoon, when most of the local restaurants seem to be closed. I had the crab salad sandwich (artificial as expected, but very tasty) and companion had the roast beef. Both were served on country French bread which was so good we bought a loaf for home. Service was pleasant and prompt. Coffee was ok, a bit tepid for my taste, but it was the end of the day for the place. If you like pastry there was a multitude of mouth watering selections to choose among, as well as pies.

1  Thank artistgranny

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stopped there for lunch on our second day in the area. Totally satisfied with everything that we had. The soups were very tasty and the crab meat sandwiches that we had were delicious and really ample. Before we left we also bought a loaf of their Sunflower, raisin bread and a box of assorted muffins and rolls. Would definitely go back there again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

as the name shows we expected german breads and pastries.they were in a way,but quite americanized.The bread was really good and we ate it the whole time we were there.it was a little pricey.i would recommend the bread whole heartedly.and the staff was very friendly too.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped here for an early lunch. We ordered inside and asked them to bring it to us outside. I had a small dog with me and they were ok with her sitting by my feet as I ate. It was however, a very long wait for our food. I ordered a turkey and avocado wrap. Good. We also ordered a grilled cheese sandwich - delicious! The biggest complaint was the slow service which we had to check on at least twice. Slow service however seems to be rampant around here. The pastries looked amazing and the cupcake was great.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

You can smell this place from a mile away. The aroma of yeast reacting and bread rising makes for an olfactory orgasm. All that they sell inside is made fresh that day. If it’s one day old, it’s on sale. Packaged sliced bread, muffins, turnovers, cupcakes, baguettes and more. Make sure you either eat this bread within a day or two, or freeze it. There are no preservatives and it will mold fast. Their wheat is even grown and milled locally! The only thing I regret is choosing to eat breakfast there. They were slow….very, very slow. Very nice!! But very slow. We ordered an egg and cheese sandwich and eggs over easy with toast. It took about 45 minutes. I’ll make my own sandwich next time.