“Better Than Diner Fare”

Crazy Otto's Empire Diner
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Herkimer
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Welcome to our original 1952 Mountainview Diner voted Best Upstate New York Diner. Best Atmosphere. Best Bacon. Best Hollandaise. Best Pie Crust. Now celebrating 65 years in the Mohawk Valley and once noted as the "most modern kitchen in New York." We have a HUGE menu and the best staff around. We offer special menus for Gluten Free, Kids and Seniors as well as a great Value Meal Menu including a beverage. Our food is homemade and we pay attention to all the small details. Located only one mile from the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) at exit 30. You'll be so glad you decided to come visit. Thanks for checking us out.
Austin, Texas
“Better Than Diner Fare”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Awesome service. We are on a road trip and appreciate the down home fare. Good omelets and wonderful apple pie. Shout out to Danny the excellent server.

1 Thank christineb05

New York, New York
“Overrated - really disappointed”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I went around 7am for breakfast on a Monday morning. I always consult trip advisor when I travel as I give honest reviews and believe that the other contributors do as well. Crazy Otto's was given a high rating on trip advisor and I was excited to have breakfast there. I was very disappointed. I got two eggs with hash browns, and biscuits. The hash browns were inedible. I actually sent them back to be heated up again. They were barely cooked and cold. The biscuits had a very strong baking soda taste to them and were overly dense. I am a pretty good eater and could not get these down. The coffee tasted burnt. The person I was traveling with got the Cornbeef hash and that was definitely better than my breakfast but also somewhat disappointing. I did give this place two stars instead of one and I will tell you why. The decor and atmosphere was very cute, like an old fashioned diner. The waitress was lovely and knew the 3 other patrons in the restaurant by name. They separately seemed like regulars. For decor and friendly service I gave it two stars. I cannot however recommend this place for their food.

Ocala, Florida
“Great food, great service, fair prices”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I'm not from the Herkimer area but stopped by for a medical appointment. Being a fan of old diners, we decided to give Crazy Otto's a shot. What a great lunch! The menu is innovative and the food prepared excellently. I give it five out of five.

1 Thank Dave G
Ontario, Canada
“Fun old style American Diner”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Apparently home of the worlds largest Omelette. The diner owner is a bit gruff but that gives the place its charm. The girls working the tables are well presented and very courteous. Great atmosphere surrounded by old licence plates and photos of various stars who have dropped by. This place is a gem in Herkimer and is worth the stop for a small refreshment or stay longer and have their omelettes.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank WOT_Simon
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Best breakfast !”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just heading home from Trucks Gone Wild noted the diner as we came into town and planned to stop before hitting the interstate. Soooo glad we did! I'm stuffed! The best florentine eggs benidictic ! Fresh spinach and perfect hash browns. My husband had ham and French toast. But they throw in eggs too! Coffee was just right. Everything fresh. The wait staff were so nice. Also nice to each other and and kitchen crew. Nice to see 8 men working like an experienced team in the kitchen. We sat at the counter and could see and hear everything. Otto should be Very proud to have such a select group of people representing his business. Don't listen to the 1star crabbys. They must never be pleased. Ya get what you pay for. Glad to pay the $2-3 for the best !!! You go Otto! See ya next truck show!