“Best green pea and ham soup”

Crazy Otto's Empire Diner
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Herkimer
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Welcome to our original 1952 Mountainview Diner voted Best Upstate New York Diner. Best Atmosphere. Best Bacon. Best Hollandaise. Best Pie Crust. Now celebrating 65 years in the Mohawk Valley and once noted as the "most modern kitchen in New York." We have a HUGE menu and the best staff around. We offer special menus for Gluten Free, Kids and Seniors as well as a great Value Meal Menu including a beverage. Our food is homemade and we pay attention to all the small details. Located only one mile from the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) at exit 30. You'll be so glad you decided to come visit. Thanks for checking us out.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Nice, clean and casual. Nice staff, award winning burgers, best coleslaw and best green pea and ham soup. I always stop there when I'm in town.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Anything you want and they have it. Went there when I was a kid and go there now when I'm in town! Will go there untill I can't drive to my home town ever again!!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was working in Herkimer for the day and Crazy Otto's was recommended by some of the locals. I got the grilled cheese and fries. It was a good lunch and I would go back if I ever find myself in town again.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I met my family for dessert. I got a brownie sundae and a piece of cake to split with my daughter. The edges of the brownie were hard and the cake tasted like it had been in a refrigerator for too long so I only had one bite of it. Even though the waiter saw that I hadn't eaten much of my food they still charged me full price for everything. He seemed like he was in a hurry each time to get away from our table. And didn't seem to want to take the time to talk to us. The time before that when we had gone there the waitress dropped gravy on my nieces head wiped it off with a napkin and said "Oh don't worry it's not hot". I'm glad it didn't burn her but why is it that an acceptable excuse for her to have dropped food on my nieces head was that the food she had just brought us wasn't hot. Gee thanks.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stopped for a late breakfast on the way to the Finger Lakes. It's a great little spot with delicious food, great wait staff and very cool décor.

1  Thank Phyllis S