“Real 50's Diner” 2 of 5 bubbles

Crazy Otto's Empire Diner
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Herkimer
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Caroga Lake, New York
“Real 50's Diner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Plenty to see, memories of the fifties.
Great Soup!
Chicken and Biscuits special was horrible, had better in a high school cafeteria. Service was mediocre. Chicken was served while we had just started on the soup. Waitress never came back to check on us even though there were only 2 customers at the counter.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Troy, New York
“Great lunch! Found on Trip Advisor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped in at Crazy Otto's Empire Diner for lunch. Cute retro place, friendly waitstaff and good food. Would definitely recommend to others!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank nyvics
Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
“Will stop here every time we pass through!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our rule on vacation is no chain restaurants so en route to Niagara Falls we accidentally stumbled upon this diamond! Fun atmosphere, friendliest service and food that is so good we stopped on our way home as well!! The burger I had (cant remember the name) had cheese, mayo, 1000 island dressing, shaved prime rib and a fried egg and it may have been one of the best things I have eaten in my life. We had our 7 yr old and 16 month old and the waitress was absolutely fantastic!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ashley B
Castleton On Hudson, New York
“Friendly diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My girlfriends and I were passing through on the way out to Oneida Lake and stopped in for a late breakfast/early lunch on a Saturday morning.

I am sorry I didn't have my camera because it was a beautiful retro diner with lots of old license plates hung up on the walls/ceilings, music memorabilia and autographed photos all over-- very stimulating!

Typical diner fare, with some speciality items and all four of us enjoyed our entrees. However, my veggie omelette was very thin and the veggies inside were a bit chunky which made it a bit hard to eat. My home fries were underdone but I did enjoy the sweet potato fries which came with my friends' burger. Our waitress was very friendly, quick and attentive.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bluesmama11
Norwich, Connecticut
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a great place. Food is excellent, prices are good and a nice staff. Always stop there when in town. Excellent Green pea and ham soup.

Visited April 2013