“Must Visit in the Catskills!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Horton Smith House Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Finally had a dinner here as I've driven by this wonderful jewel for so long. A delicious treat with a quaint setting (love the "Rip" in the bar). The plates of food were of generous servings (I noticed most tables had take-homes) and everything we ordered was perfectly cooked: the shrimp/scallop (large divers, not overcooked) special for me and a shrimp dish for my husband. Will definitely return!

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Just ibis he'd dinner bringing home lunch due to large portions! Potstickers wre a must have as was the artichokes! Our main course if shrimp/scallop franchise was supervenes as was my husband's shrimp Swiss cheese with bacon. Service was excellent from both server and hostess ( sorry forgot ur names) and dessert ( which I shouldn't have ordered since I took home some dinner) was perfect! Cannot wait to return with friends.... Thanks Peg!!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good food, friendly people, good music. Beautiful place and something you can depend on. Service is good and great bar.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went here for 2 out of 3 dinners. The specials are great as are the regular menu items. Try the potstickers for an appetizer. The crispy duck with the roasted potatoes was out of tihs world. They had a chocolate cake for dessert that was among the richest and most decadent I have ever had. The service was very good also, we has the same waiter both nights that we went there.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

For some reason the chef is obsessed with pineapple ginger teriyaki sauce, It came with the bacon wrapped scallop appetizer. The coconut chicken and the sesame crusted tuna . The sauce is too sweet and tastes like it came out of a bottle. I did not have the tuna but the other two were good - not great -without the sauce. We also had a burger which was very good. Service was good - prices are reasonable.