“Would'nt stay again”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Rochester, New York
“Would'nt stay again”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had a recent stay (07-13-2013) at the above a hotel. I paid just over 100$, I didn't even get the complementary shampoo's and wasn't even told they didn't provide them, I have been to 40 something dollar dives and received shampoo. The room had a kitchenette but only the desk to eat at, with 2 desk chairs tucked under it ( need I tell you there was no elbow room) for a couple, and your staring at the stark walls, you could always eat in bed. When I went to check out I required a receipt, but for one reason or another I had been checked in CLC, I believe that's a cooperate client so they couldn't generate a receipt. The staff behind the desk had to make a call to get things overhauled as to were I could get a receipt. I don't blame the staff they were very cordial and polite, and I wouldn't have mind AS MUCH, if I didn't have to make it to the airport. Most hotels I've been at slip my receipt under the door at night, make for a smooth transaction. I turned around while I was waiting for my receipt and there breakfast buffet (included in the price), was coffee, choice of granola bar or muffin where the was only 2 left. A couple walked up as I was waiting, and mad a face at the whole idea of what was called a breakfast and said this is all's I get. Like I said the staff was polite and friendly, but this stay more than likely will be my last, and I will keep a close eye on my account to make sure I didn't get charge for the room twice once as corporate and once as leisure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I needed to be in Rochester for 10 days so I thought I would try one of these extended stay places. Staff was so friendy and the room looked great, It was clean, spacious and had a full kitchen. I would have been pleased to stay, however, I could hear every footstep of the people in the room overhead. It sounded like a herd of elephants walking over me and it went on till very late. I could also hear people speaking in the next rooms. The hallways smelled like a "greasy spoon" diner. I checked out after the first night and moved to a lovely Homewoood Suites. Twice the price but an amazing difference. Don't stay at this place if exterior noises bother you. It's a real "deal breaker".

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor if you must stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We loved the setup of the room and moved right in and made ourselves right at home. The room, bathroom and kitchen were very clean. We arrived in a rain storm and there is no overhang by the front door and all the close spots are handicap only so we got drenched. When we inquired that evening about where breakfast was we were told that there would be no breakfast tomorrow because 'the order did not come in'. That is so tacky as there is a grocery store across the street. The breakfast consists of cereal bars, instant oatmeal, fruit, coffee, prewrapped muffins etc that could have been purchased and laid out for guests. That to me was bad customer service. We had brought some food ourselves so it was not bad as much as annoying. The room is billed as having a queen sized bed but I have a queen bed at home and this bed was a standard. That angered me. Sleep was not easy with that and also the a/c unit didn't work very well unless you made it really cold. All in all we liked the room and my husband called it "Nanno" which is a play on "Micro" where we have stayed before. There was a bag of garbage outside one of the doors to the parking lot for days. for the price we payed through priceline it was worth it but not worth a full price one would pay. We loved the kitchen and peninsula table set up and kept our laptop set up and still had room for our meals. Great TV but paltry channel selection. Overall we liked it but for the bed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tybee Island, Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was great having a kitchenette, and a rather large room for the price of a standard, much smaller hotel room. I would stay here again if I return to the area. I had to check out two days early due to an emergency, and they quickly refunded me the extra nights, minus the difference from the seven-day discount.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I spent one night here while attending the nearby LPGA tournament. Easy to get to. The room was very nice, with a good size TV, very comfortable bed, unexpected full fridge and microwave and a good desk space. Bathroom seemed recently renovated and was of sufficient size. The WiFi was free, but there were no set up instructions, therefore requiring trips to the front desk. The grab and go breakfast was more than enough, with excellent coffee and a good selection of carbohydrates as well as some apples. I did not mind going back to the room to eat the breakfast. There are restaurants nearby for dinner, all within walking distance. Definitely a good value, especially when one only wants a place to sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Pros:
* Room and common areas are decently clean
* Free parking, wifi, grab & go breakfast of muffins
* Convenient & right near mall so easy to grab food
* Price is good and able to win thru Priceline
* Nice staff
* Very popular, rooms were completely sold out our night of arrival so we couldn't even pay to upgrade

Cons:
* Hallway smells odd, very musty/toxic, and our room smelled like curry, tho not surprising since the only long-term guests I saw were Indian
* Try to rip you off on wifi - free wifi is capped at 768k and if you want 3MBs, you have to pay $!
* Rooms have only 1 Queen and no sofabed like most other Extended Stays
* A/C systems works, but is moderately loud

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I love the fact that we had a small kitchen in the room, really helped us with the spending money on food and going out. It was clean and smelled nice, and not to far from where we need to be. Will stay there again cant wait to go back...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta? Share your experiences!