“Good Value for Business Travel”

Fairfield Inn Rochester South
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Cumming, Georgia
“Good Value for Business Travel”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is a great value at the AAA rate, the location has numerous restaurants close by. Like many other reviews I found the hotel to clean and well maintained. The front desk staff was always friendly and made sure to great you when coming and going. Always having fresh cookies at the desk for anyone to enjoy.
It was nice to see the hotel was making changes to go green. In order to save energy you have to leave a room key in the control as you enter the room for the lights and TV to work but the hotel staff is eager to give you extra key cards and tell you to leave the card in the control all day.

The only suggestion would be that with all the snow they have had they could have cleared the parking spots during the day,min the evening you had to fight the snow to get a parking spot in some areas.

Will be staying here on future visits to Rochester

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I'm a long time Marriott customer, and I have spent a few years of my life sleeping in their hotels. This hotel met all my stay requirements: perfectly clean, well-appointed, great location for my 4-night business trip, quiet, and always helpful/friendly service. Although the hotel is >15 yrs old and the last full renovation was >5 yrs ago, you'd never guess it. The hotel looked recently upgraded and it was meticulously maintained in near-new condition. I had high expectations for the hotel to be quiet and clean, and my expectations were fully met. I can't recall the last time I slept so soundly in a hotel each and every night of my stay, and my room was immaculately clean. The complimentary breakfast was exactly to my liking each morning, and in the lobby there was always fresh tea/coffee and in the evenings there were warm chocolate chip cookies. Every employee was professional, cheerful and personally interested in my satisfaction. On the morning I departed, the new snow was already bladed off the parking lot, and Johnny had brushed the snow off the windows and lights of my rental car. Thank you everyone for taking such great care of me during my hectic work week!

Green Features: I was impressed how the hotel conserves power usage. I was given an extra room key card to slid into a control box in my room to maximize the lights and heat. When I left the room, I removed the card to minimize the lights and heat. I really loved this environmentally "green" approach.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had a wonderful room/suite in this Inn during our stay at the University Open House. Unfortunately for us, there was a major Junior Hockey Tournament going on that weekend and the place was crawling with kids, all who were excited about their upcoming games and just being away from home and in a hotel.
Our room was clean and comfortable; the complementary Continental breakfast was so-so; the staff was helpful and apologetic for the noise and general chaos. They suggested that another weekend would have been better, but it is what it is.
Our suggestion would be to call ahead and ask the desk staff about upcoming events before booking, unless you don't mind feral children running through the halls and screaming all hours of the day and night.
On another note: this Inn is listed as Finger Lakes Region, its no where near the Finger Lakes. It is a suburb of Rochester, closer to RIT, Rochcester Community College and a short jump to U. Rochester.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Rochester South, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Rochester South. I was disappointed to learn of the problems that you encountered during your recent stay. My biggest frustration is to hear that a guest's stay was negatively impacted by other guests. During this time of year youth athletic teams regularly stay at many area hotels on the weekends. I noticed that you suggested to call ahead to see if there may be youth groups staying at the hotel during a future stay. This is a fantastic idea as we will always be forthcoming about the type of groups that we may have staying with us.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn in Henrietta South. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Level of cleanliness was above average, staff service was welcoming and very friendly. It was nice to see changes being made to go green with the energy efficient rooms. Will definitely stay again when we return to Rochester.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 4 days, I had a relatively below average experience in this hotel.
Elevator is shaky and probably would not pass inspection next time if it did last time!
Housekeeping is ridiculous, room was not done first day, sheets never changed, although I had them removed to have the housekeeper replace them, she put the dirty ones instead the next day when I requested the room to be done. Appropriate supply were not stocked in the room when it was even cleaned. Found extra charges on my credit card few days after checkout for no reason, has to call the hotel to find out and get it cancelled and refunded.

Be careful if you stay at this hotel

Room Tip: look for another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hotel is in a good area. Friendly staff. Breakfast was average nothing great just eggs, bacon, and the usual carb breakfast. Make sure you do not end up in a handicap room if not needed. I had to bend down to shower!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cheryl W
Grantsville, Maryland, USA
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over Thanksgiving -- unfortunately, so did a hockey team from some middle/highschool. The boys were loud and marauding the halls without coach/parent super vision. We complained twice with the result being a clampdown on the boys AND betting comped for three nights! More than fair in my opinion! Will definitely return!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple