Fairfield Inn Rochester South
ComfortSuites
$96
$46
$109
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskmodern furnishingsnice breakfastdecent place to staycomplimentary breakfastyogurtkey cardmicrowave and coffee makernight's sleepample parkingchoose this hotelthe wi fihave stayed here several timesroom doorstayed here for one nightlots of restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed for one night to attend a graduation and what an impression the staff made! We were greeted warmly at the front desk. This is so important when you have spent the day traveling and are sooooooo tired. It took about one minute to get checked in.

After the graduation, we got back to the hotel after midnight. There was a different person at the front desk, but again the person at the front desk was very friendly (this is so hard to find at hotels...at that late hour...I would call this exceptional).

We had a room with two double beds at the end of a hallway on the second floor. It was more than enough room for all of us to move around. Our room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. It seemed to have enough outlets for all the electronics we had. The bathroom was gigantic...loved it. Everyone slept well.

I really wasn't expecting breakfast to be much, but it really exceeded expectations! There was a waffle machine, breakfast sandwiches to put in the microwave, and the standard toast and cereal. Now, what made it special were the extra touches, fresh blueberries, fruit - both whole and cut up, and walnuts. The breakfast staff was okay, but hovered. I didn't like the hovering and that is the only reason this hotel received 4 instead of 5.

We would definitely stay here again when in Rochester!

Room Tip: If you need space, get one of the rooms with two double beds at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over a 10 night period, the hotel was professional, clean and convenient.
All staff very friendly and made a great team impression. We were assigned a room nearest the lift on the second floor. There was very little noise until our last night when a group with lots if children checked in. Apart from the last night our stay was very peaceful.
We had a room with 2 double beds. Very comfy. The TV had plenty of channels and we also had a shower and a bath.
The reception desk had various treats at different times which was a nice added bonus and bfast just perfect for a small hotel offering complimentary bfast.

All in all a great stay which was convenient and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013

So I tried again to see if any changes. 1st thing I noticed was the room wasn't fully cleaned. There was paper debris stuck behind the head board. The lamp was broken and not enough outlets in the room for a my laptop. Also I had to call the front desk to complain about the WIFI not working in my room, the night clerk didn't care. He said it is working up at the front desk. Thanks buddy for your help. Not impressed with this hotel, don't think I would recommend or stay at this property again, even if they paid me to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

No complaints from my family while we stayed in this Fairfield Inn. The room was clean and modern with the comfortable Marriott-brand sheets, pillows and mattress. The pillows at this hotel were the best at any hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. The reception was quick and friendly, checked us into a convenient, easy-to-find room right away and offered his help anytime we needed it. Convenient location for any south Rochester visit!

Room Tip: First floor rooms have high bushes outside windows, good for privacy
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My son and I stayed here for out visit to the Rochester area. My son who is 10 thought the pool area was fine,. It was clean and had no chipped paint as mentioned in another review.
The hotel was quiet, the staff was friendly.
I am a Marriott rewards member and usually avoid the Fairfield name but this stay helped change my views.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family