Fairfield Inn Rochester South
$119
$149
$100
Home2.com
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskmodern furnishingsnice breakfastdecent place to staycomplimentary breakfastyogurtkey cardmicrowave and coffee makernight's sleepample parkingchoose this hotelthe wi fihave stayed here several timesroom doorstayed here for one nightlots of restaurants
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just did an overnight here and found this hotel to be very comfortable. Cookies were available at the front desk at check in, even late at night! Coffee, tea and water is available 24/7. As mentioned in other reviews the bathroom was a bit tight, but nice. The pocket doors for the closet are very cool! We're keep this in mind when traveling through Rochester again!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Was skeptical about this property but was pleasantly surprised. Was a little expensive, I thought high for a Fairfield. Staff seemed nice. Food good. Nice big room and comfortable bed. No business center to speak of and the gym was typically under equipped but OK...sadly average for these properties. I did not swim but the pool looked nice...clean. I was told it was recently upgraded.

Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

While I'm not as big of a traveler as some are, I still spend about 50 days per year in hotels. The rooms were a bit on the small side and the bathroom was tiny at best. But the reason this place gets a perfect score from me is the bed. This was the most comfortable bed I've slept on in months. To top it off, the AC was quiet and worked very well. I had an early wakeup call the next morning and I still felt refreshed.

I did not get to use the pool or the breakfast, but I did have a few cups of the fresh coffee (complete with flavored creams) that is always available in the lobby. Also grabbed a fresh apple to take up to my room.

This property met and exceeded my expectations. The fact that its located about 5 blocks from my business destination in this area means I'll be staying here each time I make this trip! Only downside was that the room was nearly $200 per night after taxes...a bit high IMO.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had a one day trip to Rochester and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. It was close to the airport and only 20 minutes from downtown.

I like the Fairfields for quick business travel. They are comfortable with cheerful decor.

The front desk person was very helpful and went out of his way to recommend restaurants off the beaten path and insure I had the best way to get there rather than let me suffer the slow "GPS" route.

Lots of chain restaurants near by if you don't want to go in to town. Good selection of breakfast items for the quick grab'n'go breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were in Rochester visiting a college. Wanted to spend as little as possible so we chose this hotel.

The Fairfield Inn on Route 15 is a nice small size hotel. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. They had coffee, tea, hot cocoa and some little snacks for free when we arrived at 7 pm. The room was small but not uncomfortably so. Very nicely decorated. Seemed like new decorations. Room was very clean as was the bathroom. Super tiny bathroom.

The few things that were negative would be the lack of plugs near the bed. And also the air conditioner. It was very loud compared to other hotels I've stayed at recently. Then when the fan would go off there was this annoying sporatic ticking sound which was probably the compressor warming up or something. So that sporatic sound kind of kept me awake longer than I would have liked. But eventually got past that and slept fine on soft pillows.

The pool looked nice and the exercise room had several pieces of equipment in it. The breakfast area was small and right in the main lobby area. But for a quick free meal - can't complain.

All in all was a good place to stay. Would stay again if my son chooses to attend a local college.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ROCMarriott, Owner at Fairfield Inn Rochester South, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

We greatly appreciate your TripAdvisor review! Whether positive or negative, your feedback is very important to us. We look forward to accommodating you in the future should your son decide to attend college in Rochester. Thank you.