“You get what you pay for.”

Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Montreal
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I was visiting Rochester for one night to see a concert and found this inexpensive hotel close to the concert venue. I had stayed at Days Inn before and I know they can be hit-or-miss but considering the low price I decided to go for it. The hotel was a reasonable accomodation for a one-night stop, but I would hesitate to stay there for multiple days. My only major complaint is that I had to barrel shoulder-first through the door to get into my room. Since I was only staying the one night I didn't bother to try to change rooms. The room itself was serviceable. I didn't remark that it was dirty or that things weren't working. I would stay there again so long as it was just one night. If I was going to be spending multiple nights in that area, I would definitely spring for the extra $30-40/night to stay in one of the other dozens of hotels within a 2-mile radius.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank rk200933

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
ny, ny
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights. $60/night on priceline and was rated two stars. The hotel is old and shows its age. The only thing it has going for it is that it's very close to RIT. The room was super small with random pieces of furniture thrown into the mix. The carpet smelled of mildew and was damp. I would not walk around barefoot. The bathroom door would not close and the faucet and handles on the sink were loose. The shower stall was really tiny. The room was very dark even with the lights on. We were there only to sleep, so we didn't sample the breakfast, visit the bar, or use any of the in-room appliances. There were empty beer bottles in front of the door in the morning.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Morden, Manitoba
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We have stayed in many Days Inn hotels on our trips. With that said, we thought there was no need to check out the rooms in THIS particular Days Inn previous to booking in. How wrong we were!!!! The carpets were stained & filthy! There was mold around the bathtub in one of the rooms that our friends stayed in! For health reasons, that room should not have even been rented out! We were at the stage of our trip that laundry facilities were required. The washer/dryer were quite new - however, they too, were filthy! There was laundry detergent all over the washing machine. It appeared that the laundry room had not been cleaned for at least a month. When we brought all of the to the attention of the clerk at the desk, the only thing she did was write it down! I did contact Days Inn and got a reply and apology. I'm only hoping that for the reputation of other Days Inn hotels, that they clean up their act!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank FJCruiser07
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I don't like to pay a lot for a hotel room, and I don't expect a lot. However, I do expect the room to be clean! The tub was extremely dirty, with soap scum on the shower walls, grime on the floor of the tub, and a moldy shower curtain. The carpet in the room was very dirty. The towels and sheets were stained - bleach is a wonderful product! I did not complain to the front desk person, because I figured that all the other rooms were probably in the same condition. They offer a continental breakfast, and I was planning to eat there, but after seeing the condition of my room I changed my mind. I just wish I had read the reviews on this site before I booked the room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Birdy35
DaysInnThruway, General Manager at Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay. We take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that these issues may have caused.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Kind Regards,
Sandip Patel, GM
West Yorkshire
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We have travelled extensively in the US using budget hotels and motels, and we are not fussy complaining people and firmly believe that if you want 5 star accomodation pay for it. However we also believe that whatever price you pay you have every right to expect basic cleanliness.. After reading the reviews we checked the room. One of the sheets on the bed was dirty, it obviously had not been laundered, and had gease/oil stains on it. I spoke to reception who said that she would check if she had another. Fortunately she had, but I had to go to reception in the pouring rain to collect it. I took the filthy sheet with me, but the receptionist gave me the distinct impression that I was being picky, no apology, even when I asked her if she would like to use the sheet. The room was OK, a bit worn, furniture a bit chipped and battered which is not a problem but the state of the bathroom was..........it was truly disgusting......filthy. The ingrained dirt in the bath and shower had to be seen to believed and being Labour Day weekend the hotel was booked up so we were stuck with it.
On the plus side the breakfast was good and the location suited our needs with 2 restaurants within walking distance and one on site.
Would I come again? No.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KD's Mommy
I am concerned about the cleanliness issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Your experience with our hotel was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.
Guelph, Ontario
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This hotel was filthy. The room smelled like urine. I wouldn't take off my shoes.
The bathroom door wouldn't close , bedspread had stains and holes in it.
I complained to Wyndham hotels and manager didn't even get back to me.
The only good thing was the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karensp
Thank you for your comments expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At our hotel, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards.
My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Based on other reviews here, I had made a request to give us a quiet room. This place is fairly large as compared to other Days Inn I have seen. They did give us a quiet room. They have a bar right next to the reception lobby, so it was fairly noisy when we checked in. But it was quiet by our room.

We had a fridge and a microwave in the room, a desk and office style chair, it felt bit crowded in the room.

I was looking for baby oil and the lady at the front desk provided the directions to nearest Walmart. Staff is helpful.

Our children slept in and they stopped the breakfast service prompt at 9:30 a.m. I wish it would continue till 10:00 a.m.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family