“Would not stay again”

Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I have not stayed at a Days Inn in a while. I will assume this hotel is the exception to what they maintain as typical. We arrived late at night, check in did not take too long, once the person at the desk finally arrived. Got to the door of our room and started to wonder, if we were expecting too much. The outside of the door was filty, from finger prints around the door handle. (I suspect it was never cleaned since it was last painted.) Inside, we realised the room was old, which is not so bad and the decor had been recently updated. The room smelled really bad, but it was heavy rain outside and we assumed the dampness had entered the room. Then we realised the reason the room was so dark was that two of the light fixtures had no lightbulbs! Still trying to remain optimistic that it was just us who needed to expect less, I then noticed the back of the door had several footprints. Someone had been kicking the door, and of course this was never cleaned. I keep my shoes on after seeing the bathroom floor - dirty. The refinished sink, had the finish coming off, and I doubt the room had been dusted in weeks - though I know I am being too optimistic - it was probably months.

It is really sad that the owners of this hotel have such low standards. This is such a bad reflection on them, and their staff for allowing such basic things to go down. Anyone entering the room has to see the grungy front door, the footprints on the back of it, the dust on the furniture, the missing light bulbs, the dirty bathroom. I mean, if your own home looked like that you would understand that it is not acceptable. Unfortunately I suspect the owner's/management/staff must live in homes like this otherwise they would be ashamed to allow the conditions of this hotel to reflect them.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank dconnau
DaysInnThruway, General Manager at Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2009

Thank you for your letter expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the Days Inn Henrietta. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. We are currently going through some renovations with the two building at our hotel. We take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you so you may personally see the high standards that we that pride in. Thank you for your comments and we hope that you will visit us again to see the changes that we have made.

Sandip Patel
GM

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area

Reviewed September 20, 2009

This was my first and last experience at a Days Inn. This was a last minute trip and I found this hotel listed on a local university webite. This was probably the worst hotel experience I have every had.

The room was disgusting. When I unlocked the door and walked in, the room smelled. It appeared that the bathroom and tub had not been cleaned. The front desk sent up housekeeping to reclean the bathroom. When I returned later in the evening, the door jammed. Front desk had to come to the room to help unstick the door. The next morning I found 2 wasps flying around in the room. When I got home, I noticed a $50 extra charge on my bank card. After calling the front desk, I found out it's a hold charge on the card that won't be released for 8-10 business days. There was no advance disclosure that this was going to happen. I would have put the room on a credit card instead. Except for one nice woman who worked in in the breakfast bar, I found the entire staff completely disconnected and could care less about the hotel patrons. By the morning, I was so grossed out by the whole experience I couldn't even eat their complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Hurricane456
DaysInnThruway, Sandip Patel General Manager at Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2009

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Days Inn Henrietta. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into. I am also glad to here that our breakfast hostess provided great service. Again I apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

looked nice from the outside. At 11pm then are room was in the way way back, up a dark dark broken stair case we found are room with the door wide open and as a housekeeper i new that it should be closed. we did relize there was another dore inside of it. Are sheets were discusting and had not been changed in days the blanket was like 60 yrs old and the comfiter had a huge cig. burn on it. Luckily we had brought are own blankets n pillows. the shower was discusting as well with mold growing on the shower curtain toilet was CLEAN! we called front desk n asked for clean sheets we were told to come get some from front desk n when we got down there they only had one flat sheet and told us there was NO CLOSETS OR MORE SHEETS! but gave us 2 towels. the breakfast was deffinitly strange and not what i was exspecting. i will never return to a days inn anyplace.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mgnelz
DaysInnThruway, General Manager at Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2009

Thank you for your comments expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the Days Inn Thruway. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At our hotel, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. My hope is that your will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed July 23, 2009

On July 1st we checked into the Days Inn in Henrietta New York. We dropped off our suitcases and went out for dinner and to walk the mall after traveling. When we returned (3 hours later) and pulled the sheets back on the bed we could see that the sheets were wrinkled, covered with "hairs" and had bugs in the bed. It appeared that the sheets were not even removed from the previous hotel guests. The towels hanging in the bathroom had black stains and also had "hairs" on them. We immediatley packed up our suitcases, went to the front desk and checked out. We were promised a phone call by the hotel manager the next day. We did not receive a phone call back and have been told by the hotel manager (that we called) that a refund of 77.07 is not possible because they were not able to get a housekeeper in to clean that room and sell it out to another guest. Luckily, we got a lovely room down the road at a Country Inn Suites for not too much more than that price. I will be filing complaints with Days Inn, The Better Business Bureau, and Expedia through which the reservation was made. I will not EVER stay at a Days Inn Hotel again.

amh6534@aol.com 7/23/09 9:10AM

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne Marie H

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay at the Days Inn Thruway. Your experience with our hotel was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our hotel promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every day. There in no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Please accept our apologies. With regards to refunding your stay for not staying with our hotel. Do to the fact that your reservation was made through Expedia.com we are unable to refund any moneys to your account. We do not see any of your account information. Expedia would have to refund your stay. Again we do apologize for the poor service you received. Thank you.

Reviewed June 6, 2009

This motel was filthy--blood stains on the side of the mattress and lice in the bed. I was scratching for a while that night--at first I thought I was allergic to the fabric or the detergent before I got up, turned on the light and saw the miniscule, disgusting creatures on the sheets. This was last night. I am experiencing some relief after a de-lousing kit and washing everything that was in my car on the trip, but I am thoroughly disgusted by this experience. How spotty are their linen changing habits that the lice are thriving in the bed? The worst part is that the staff seemed only mildly concerned when alerted. I tried calling them every half an hour starting at about 1 a.m. and only got a response at 5:30 a.m.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank becclescim
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I booked three nights at the Day Inn and ended up staying one before moving across the street to the Microtel.
When first arriving, I noticed the attached bar/restaurant and was a bit skeptical, but thought I could deal with it.
The room was just OK, but had the fridge, microwave and internet I needed.
The Internet was a disappointment (the initial passwords I was given were incorrect and was only able to get on the Internet after guessing at the right password.) When I did get on the wireless network, I was a one bar out of four... and it was s...l...o...w. A call to the front desk revealed that there was no hard wire for the service and I was in the room closest to the wireless router.
Still, I thought I could muddle through, but the morning brought a tepid shower at best with no hot water to speak of and a fridge that froze all my stuff.
The continental breakfast was in the aforementioned bar/restaurant, pretty dark and dingy for a morning pick-me-up. Food was OK, nothing that I would recommend. I ended up at the Tim Horton's across the street.
I soon checked out and moved across the street to the Microtel.... a much happier stay.
In all, it was OK, but I wouldn't go back, knowing what else was in the area

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BizTravlr_9
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Booked a stay for family event in area, as "a block of rooms" had been reserved for guests. Despite this and reserving directly over phone and having confirmation number, "no room" when we arrived. They "found" a room....in building to the left of front desk. Nightmare. Hookers in parking lot, Filthy room that smelled like someone had been smoking cigars in there for years, broken furniture. Back to front desk, and the "found" another room in back section. Smelled bad, but not like the first. more broken furniture, filthy carpet and linens. truly disgusting. Luckily able to book room at Marriott Airport for rest of our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family