“I will never stay at a Days Inn ever again.” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Michigan
“I will never stay at a Days Inn ever again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

On July 1st we checked into the Days Inn in Henrietta New York. We dropped off our suitcases and went out for dinner and to walk the mall after traveling. When we returned (3 hours later) and pulled the sheets back on the bed we could see that the sheets were wrinkled, covered with "hairs" and had bugs in the bed. It appeared that the sheets were not even removed from the previous hotel guests. The towels hanging in the bathroom had black stains and also had "hairs" on them. We immediatley packed up our suitcases, went to the front desk and checked out. We were promised a phone call by the hotel manager the next day. We did not receive a phone call back and have been told by the hotel manager (that we called) that a refund of 77.07 is not possible because they were not able to get a housekeeper in to clean that room and sell it out to another guest. Luckily, we got a lovely room down the road at a Country Inn Suites for not too much more than that price. I will be filing complaints with Days Inn, The Better Business Bureau, and Expedia through which the reservation was made. I will not EVER stay at a Days Inn Hotel again.

amh6534@aol.com 7/23/09 9:10AM

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne Marie H
DaysInnThruway, General Manager at Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay at the Days Inn Thruway. Your experience with our hotel was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our hotel promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every day. There in no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Please accept our apologies. With regards to refunding your stay for not staying with our hotel. Do to the fact that your reservation was made through Expedia.com we are unable to refund any moneys to your account. We do not see any of your account information. Expedia would have to refund your stay. Again we do apologize for the poor service you received. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

This motel was filthy--blood stains on the side of the mattress and lice in the bed. I was scratching for a while that night--at first I thought I was allergic to the fabric or the detergent before I got up, turned on the light and saw the miniscule, disgusting creatures on the sheets. This was last night. I am experiencing some relief after a de-lousing kit and washing everything that was in my car on the trip, but I am thoroughly disgusted by this experience. How spotty are their linen changing habits that the lice are thriving in the bed? The worst part is that the staff seemed only mildly concerned when alerted. I tried calling them every half an hour starting at about 1 a.m. and only got a response at 5:30 a.m.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank becclescim
Adirondacks, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

I booked three nights at the Day Inn and ended up staying one before moving across the street to the Microtel.
When first arriving, I noticed the attached bar/restaurant and was a bit skeptical, but thought I could deal with it.
The room was just OK, but had the fridge, microwave and internet I needed.
The Internet was a disappointment (the initial passwords I was given were incorrect and was only able to get on the Internet after guessing at the right password.) When I did get on the wireless network, I was a one bar out of four... and it was s...l...o...w. A call to the front desk revealed that there was no hard wire for the service and I was in the room closest to the wireless router.
Still, I thought I could muddle through, but the morning brought a tepid shower at best with no hot water to speak of and a fridge that froze all my stuff.
The continental breakfast was in the aforementioned bar/restaurant, pretty dark and dingy for a morning pick-me-up. Food was OK, nothing that I would recommend. I ended up at the Tim Horton's across the street.
I soon checked out and moved across the street to the Microtel.... a much happier stay.
In all, it was OK, but I wouldn't go back, knowing what else was in the area

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BizTravlr_9
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

Booked a stay for family event in area, as "a block of rooms" had been reserved for guests. Despite this and reserving directly over phone and having confirmation number, "no room" when we arrived. They "found" a room....in building to the left of front desk. Nightmare. Hookers in parking lot, Filthy room that smelled like someone had been smoking cigars in there for years, broken furniture. Back to front desk, and the "found" another room in back section. Smelled bad, but not like the first. more broken furniture, filthy carpet and linens. truly disgusting. Luckily able to book room at Marriott Airport for rest of our stay there.

• Liked — Leaving it and finding somewhere else to stay!!!
  • Disliked — Filthiness, smell, broken furniture, staff, hookers
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank RobinWing
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2008

This is a strange place. Rather old style motel with comfy beds but the room wasn't too clean with falling down ceiling tiles, mold in the bathroom and a noisy fridge. There's a country-western bar/restaurant attached to this place and it's popular, with live music on week-ends. We were in a room way in back so I only heard the bass beat once in the middle of the night but those closer to the club must've heard it. I think truckers like this place.
We only had to be there one night, the price was right and it was conveniently located, so we turned off the fridge and did not take a shower in that nasty bathroom.
Another reviewer said the towels were thin and they were. Staff was pleasant and free breakfast in club bar area was, um, interesting.

• Liked — Beds were comfy and it was conveniently located
  • Disliked — nasty bathroom
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank historycouple
Argyle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights. While it is not a "new" facility, the room was clean and comfortable. The room was a little small, but we did not spend a lot of time in it--just a place to sleep and shower while attending a conference in the area.

They had a rather extensive breakfast--eggs/sausage, waffles, cereal, toast/muffins/pasteries, etc.

Rates were very reasonable for the quality--good value.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

Well, after reading some of the other reviews, I didn't recognize this hotel as the one where I have been staying once a week for over a year. OK, maybe it's a little dated and some of the rooms are a bit small, but the price is right, and I generally found my room to be cozy and quiet. Best of all, for most rooms, you can drive up to your room and be unloaded in minutes. Maybe once in a while there has been a little defect, but the staff is always quick to correct it and is generally courteous and efficient.

There is plenty of shopping nearby, as well as places to eat. And for anyone traveling on I-90 or I-390, it is easy to get to off the highway. Personally, after a day at my Rochester office, I like the fact that there are plenty of quiet streets for safe biking directly accessible from the property.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Took a while to do some repairs to front entrance.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
RIT Inn & Conference Center
RIT Inn & Conference Center
#13 of 16 in Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Fairfield Inn Rochester South
BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn

Been to Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area? Share your experiences!