“3 day Religious Conference”

Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!! This was so much worse than expected... Booked online, when we showed up the front desk person was rude, didn't hang up the phone to help me at all, didn't even tell us how to get to our room. We walked into the creepy building then opened to door to our room. The smell of mold smacked us in the face, we turned around and walked out, my husband went to the front and got our money back. This is where hookers go to die..

Room Tip: My Tip-Choose a different hotel. We went to the Country Inn and Suites, much better!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crispylivin
MIDLAND
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We decided to stay at the Days Inn because in the past we have had good experiences
there. This wasn't going to be one of those times. Our room was really in bad shape.
The carpet was extremely dirty and torn. There were stains on the linens in the bathroom
and also on the pillow cases. The microwave didn't work very well. Also, the location
was terrible. We were far removed from the main office in a secluded area. Parked next
to our car was a rusted car with multiple flat tires. I found out the next day that the hotel
was at only about 50% occupancy so I was surprised that they didn't put us in a more
desirable location. There was a breakfast included, and that wasn't too bad, but that
wasn't enough to make up for the poor quality room and location. My wife kept saying
the next day that we should have stayed at the nearby Microtel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked this online because it was the only one in the area that was not sold out on the dates I needed accomodations. That should have been my first clue. Despite the many negative reviews, being a Days Inn, I was hopeful that it wouldn't be as bad as it seemed. Also, at $80 per night (after a 15% discount for booking early), I didn't see how it could be THAT bad. It wasn't - it was far worse.

I had reserved a non-smoking room. The first thing that hit me on opening the door was a terrible odor. It was partly smoke and partly the smell of dirt, as in poor housekeeping. There was none of the typical clean, if antiseptic, smell that is encountered in most motels.

The carpet was so dirty that we would not walk on it without shoes. The drapes were smeared with a wide band of black, greasy dirt.

The next shock was the size of the room. It had roughly half the space of a typical motel room. There was barely room to move between the bed and the wall on one side. I had reserved a room with a full bathtub. Instead of that, there was a claustrophobically small shower, with a floor so dirty that we were afraid to step in it barefooted. Some of the loops at the top of the shower curtain were torn through, so it hung precariously by the few that were left. The bathroom countertop was undersized and so off-level that our toiletries rolled off and hit the floor. There were no glasses or even paper cups. The exhaust fan clanged horribly whenever we turned the bathroom light on or off. There was hair on the toilet tank. Although I had reserved a room for two persons, there was only 1 bath towel provided.

There was a raised marble-topped threshold going into the bathroom that was about 1 1/2" above the floor, not noticeable until you trip over it. It's definitely hazardous.

The bed was like sleeping on a slab of granite. The nightstands, desk, and TV armoire were banged-up, chipped, shabby and dated. The TV was at least 10 years old, but worked. At the desk, instead of an upholstered chair, there was a cheap, well-worn, black fake leather office-style chair. The wall lamp over the desk didn't work.

The sheets were clean. The blanket was ancient, an old, ratty, pilly, acrylic that was unpleasantly rough to the touch.

The refrigerator and coffemaker worked well. We didn't try the microwave.

One positive is that despite being on the first floor with exterior access, and being next to a truck stop, the room was quiet.

It was a relief to check out, and I will not be staying at this Days Inn again, ever.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay. This is way overpriced for what you get.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Where to start, the shower scalded me three times when hot water just went on high, the shower faucet fell off, the bathroom faucet was loose, bathroom light was broken, shower so samll could not even turn around in it, wallpaper in bathroom pealing off wall. Carpets stained and dirty. A/C was not cold at all, I was there for 2 days and left after compaining to front desk check in person. What rerally pissed me off was the person checking you in speaks english until he gets on the phone with his uncle he told me, then in front of me he starts speaking Pakastni so I dont know what he his saying, complete disrespect. I left after screaming at him and went down to the Microtel Inn down the street for my reamaining 5 days of vacation, this place was 5 stars compared to Days Inn Henrietta.

Room Tip: Microtel Inn
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David F
Washington, Missouri
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Have to agree with other reviewers-don't stay here. Only reason we did is because it was the only place with a room left near the thruway. We were given the "suite" room-only thing "suite" about this was the price. Otherwise filthy where they serve breakfast-serves as a honky tonk bar the night before. By the way,probably the greasiest bacon you'll ever find. At least we didn't find bedbugs. Probably should just tear the place down and start over. The back section is abandoned anyway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple