“Reminds a self storage”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Grimsby, Canada
“Reminds a self storage”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Please do not stay in a smoking room,it stinks. Poor and old furniture,old TV,old bathroom,
a non-working Wi-Fi. So so bed, please consider all these if you insist to overnight in this
motor inn type property but for your loyalty you will be awarded with a hot breakfast,not too
good but still better than a lot of places.Never again!Friendly staff though:))

Room Tip: no good room!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Newville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Some of the rooms in bad shape. Asked for a non-smoking was given a smoking...moved to another room that door would not open, painted shut. Hallways and carpets dark. Needs modernized. Staff however was very helpful and friendly - esp. Judy at Front Desk, and the wonderful lady who kept up with the nice FREE Breakfast!

Room Tip: don't stay in far back (H) rooms old and outdated. don't stay along highway too noisy. Ask...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

This is first time I have seen bedbugs.... My wife and I got the hell out of here right after pulling the blankets down.
Not sure why a respectable company like days inn would allow themselves to be a associated with this establishment .

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Footchase
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed April 9, 2012

You have got to be kidding. How can Wyndham possibly continue to affiliate itself with the Days Inn chain?

Our bed had a plastic sheet over the mattress. Our door slams shut every time we enter or leave. The security door leading into this building doesn't close so using the room key to enter is pointless. The room smells strongly of mildew.

I am booked into one more Days Inn in the Niagara Falls Canada area and that will be the last time I ever stay in another Days Inn.

Room Tip: Don't even bother.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mguelker
Keflavik, Iceland
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Good place. I paid $42 (incl. taxes) in mid-January 2012. There are some seedy, filthy and smoke-filled motels in the area that charged over $50 on the same day. My only complaint with the place were a few dingy spots in the shower - but minimal, really, it wasn't extremely gross or anything.
The room and the bed were very clean. Room has a mini-fridge, a microwave, a coffee machine, TV set and alarm clock. Shower drain works well, so you are not standing in a puddle of filthy water. Heater took about 30 mins to warm up the room - but once it was warmed up, it worked well. Tom the concierge was very friendly. Definitely recommend.
Didn't try the "free deluxe breakfast" - but I do doubt it's particularly deluxe. ;) But for $42 who cares!?!?

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2012

As a solo female traveler, did not feel safe at this hotel. It looked like a setting for a horror movie. Shortly after settling into my room a strange neon light began reflecting on the wall. Pulled back the curtains to find a police car in the parking lot. Not sure what was going on but they were there for about an hour. The room was extremely tiny, even for a 5-foot female such as myself. The bed took up the whole room, bathroom was the size of a closet. The mattress was covered in a squeaky layer of plastic. Very scary and surprised I got out of there alive!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kim R
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Avoid at all costs! My husband and I booked a room here this summer on our way back to Ohio from the Finger Lakes. We wanted to stop over to Niagara Falls the next morning and then make our way back to Ohio. It looks run down, and the little bar attached to it doesn't look any better. When we got in the room, I knew I didn't want to take my shoes off. I always check immediately for bed bugs (you'll see little black dots on the mattress, especially close to the headboard). I almost shrieked - I've never actually seen them! It was horrifying. The carpets were stained, as were the bed sheets and the chair. I didn't want to touch anything. My husband grabbed our bags and we went to the front desk. We told the front desk woman we wanted to leave because the motel had bed bugs, and without a word she gave us a refund.

Don't believe me? I took a picture of the mattress with my phone. Please don't stay here!

Please, spare yourself. Go stay at the Microtel (they're not high on my list but they were bed bug free),

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms here.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emhaynes89
Ankur P, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Henrietta/Rochester Area, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced with your stay at our hotel. Every complaint for bed bugs that we receive is logged, and the very next day we call our pest control service and have the room and adjacent rooms treated. We also have regular monthly treatments for bed bugs to prevent these incidents in all the rooms, unfortunately though some cases can slip through.

As for the cleanliness of the room, there is new management, and currently we are working on renovations. And, also we have been working with our housekeepers to improve the quality of our rooms. We would love for you to come back and see how much change there is/will be at our hotel. Feel free to contact the hotel and speak with to redeem a stay on the house.

Andrew