“Good, but older buildings showing their age”

Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I love the layout of the Residence Inn Rochester; it feels like you're living in a townhouse community. However the older buildings (all in the development, except a larger new one) are starting to get more than a bit creaky. In fact, we could hear a lot of movement in the unit above our ground floor one. Also, our bathroom was small and dated. The beds were decent and the kitchen was like new. Definitely a better option than staying in a traditional box room, but I hope Marriott continues to construct newer buildings on this site.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 16, 2010

This Inn is really like an apartment complex for travelers. The tower rooms are very comfortable mini-apartments with a separate bedroom and bath. Much bigger than your standard efficiency room. Our room was cozy and nicely appointed with a TV in both the living room and bedroom and arguably one of the best beds I've ever slept in. Since this was a Marriot Rewards stay, I can't argue the value, but the $169 internet rate seems pretty fair for what is offered here, especially when compared to other hotels in the Rochester area. Breakfast fare is pretty standard, but it's good quality and generously served in a comfortable dining area by attentive staff. Free local newspapers are a nice touch. There's even a little store nook offering groceries and toiletries. The business center was large and well equipped. Check-in and out was a breeze. Front desk and maintenence staff were right on it when we faced a clogged toilet the first morning. It was fixed and the room cleaned before we came back from breakfast. House keeping was quick and relatively thorough, but a sticky spot on the carpet which preceeded us remained throughout our stay and there were bits of food in the sink when we checked in. A little closer attention to detail would be better, but this is a common problem with many hotels. My only other quibble has to do with location. While there are many restaurants, bars and stores within a short drive, nothing is really safely walkable from the hotel. I'd say overall this Residence Inn is a great choice for business travel and extended stays.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This has to be one of the best Marriott Hotels I have stayed at. From the friendly customer service representatives at check-in to the beautiful room and surroundings, this was a very enjoyable visit. I know that the next time I travel to Rochester, I will not even consider another place to stay. Marriott should be proud of the Residence Inn at 1300 Jefferson Blvd, Rochester NY and the employees who staff it!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2010

As a regular Marriot customer( Elite), we stayed in this hotel recently with our reward points for one night. I was not impressed with our front desk experience and here are my feedbacks:

Pro:
-Excellent location with restaurant and shopping nearby.
-Nice upper middle class location
-The room was clean
-The buffet breakfast was fine
Con:
-Upon checked in, the clerk(Marsha)told us that our reservation for a studio room will be in the older section of the complex even we told her that we received email confirmation for a studio room in the newer tower but she insisted that was not in the system. I went back and checked my blackberry and it did indicate a tower location.
-The clerk has given us a wrong room key code because when we opened the door of our room, we noticed it was already occupied by a couple with a young child that was in front of us in the line up. We went back to the front desk, the clerk (Marsha) apologized for the error.
- The TV is dated-bulky and the channel was limited

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Leanmachine
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I Stayed here with extended family . We had 3 rooms.
We arrived pretty early but our rooms were available or so they said. One of the rooms actually had not been cleaned but they immediately gave them a different room so it was only the most minor inconvenience.
The rooms were clean and roomy. The bathroom was a bit small but suited our needs. The pool was small but clean and warm. The hot tub was always too crowded to use. They had an outdoor firepit and small basketball area which was nice.
The free breakfast was handy and had things like pancakes, eggs, potatoes, waffles, oatmeal.
The hotel is really close to the shopping areas and some really good restaurants and they will even shop for groceries for you if you are having an extended stay.
The internet was free and that was a HUGE plus. I have stayed in many upscale hotels that gouge you for internet usage.

All in all it was a really nice place for a really low price .

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank knitkat
Reviewed February 25, 2010

The hotel itself is OK, a little dated, but there is no excuse for having stains on the couch with crumbs as well. Also leaving the dishes in the sink and worst of all, running out of toilet paper. That is just absurd. Get a more hard-working cleaning staff and I'd consider coming back again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank michelyn318
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Clean, nice staff, great amenities, close to shopping and restaurants, free breakfast and 24 hot beverages. Kitchens, free internet, great room layout. We had 2 rooms, one for daughter and her family and one for my husband and I. Great for either situation. So quiet that I could not hear the grandkids noise across the hall. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
9 mi away
Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta? Share your experiences!