“Decent Hotel, Great Food setup”

Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Decent Hotel, Great Food setup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife, my mother, and I were traveling through to Michigan and wanted to stop for the night, so we chose the Residence because of the suites (Residence is generally an extended-stay hotel, so there is usually more space, that way we wouldn't have to get 2 rooms... Also why they generally have a decent food setup).

Convenience:

For traveling, it's 6 minutes north of I-90, so all we had to do is take 390 south for 6 minutes back to I-90 and not have to drive half an hour to a decent hotel

Rooms:

Rooms are decent, I think the sofa bed was the first ever made, so there is a bit to be improved on for a $189/night price tag.

Food:

Food made up for it. The food setup was far beyond most Residence Inns, and had more selection and quality. They had a beer keg ready to go, waffle makers with all the fixings, hash browns, eggs, full fountain sodas. Maybe it is just by chance I haven't been to a better Residence, but I have stayed at a decent amount of hotels and this food setup stood out to me. The structure was the same (they all have nightly food specials, etc.), but the quality and selection was much better.

Room Tip: The hotel is not very noisy, and we were right next to the lobby, so I wouldn't sweat it too muc...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us. I can honestly tell you that this quality and quantity of food that you encountered are a norm at the hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed the hotel and more so the food offerings.

I hope that you will stay with us again int he near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Henderson, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and I checked in at the Residence Inn Rochester and stayed for one night using a Marriot award night. The check-in agent was very friendly. After arriving in our tower building room, we discovered an infestation of sugar ants in the bathroom of all places. These ants seemed to have had a home under the grout at the base of the tub as I saw them going in and out. My father killed about 12 of them but they kept on coming out. We called the front desk and the same employee who checked us in was very helpful in getting us moved to a different room down the hall. It had the same floor plan and no major problems. The whole change of rooms took about 5 minutes and I am happy with how the situation was handled.

That night there was a massive snowstorm so we were very pleased to see the street area plowed around the property. Morning was a little bit cold inside the room as the thermostat wasn't cooperating. On the heat setting I tried to set it to 75 but the actual temperature would never exceed 72. Not sure if it was due to a malfunctioning device or if the hotel programs it this way to reduce expenses. Anyway, it wasn't too big a deal as the free in-room coffee helped the situation. Breakfast in the lobby was good and the hotel is less then a mile away from stores if you need to buy food for the kitchen. Also a very short drive to downtown Rochester and the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am taken aback by the issue that you experienced in the room and we have worked quickly to resolve the issue. I am very glad though that you did enjoy your stay and that the staff responded quickly to your needs.

I hope that we will see you in the near future.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as we had a holiday party a short distance away. We have stayed here before for the same situation and have had a good experience each time. The front desk staff have been extremely friendly and helpful. Upon checkin, we were asked if we wanted to stay in a suite toward the back of the property for a better view. The suite was very nice, but the view was nothing special. It had been recently renovated and was very nice. However, the suite did not have a fireplace and was a bit smaller than the other rooms we have stayed at on the property. Regardless, we enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast in the morning was more than satisfactory. Hot eggs, meat, potatoes, waffle maker. There were also yogurts, fresh fruit, breads and juice. Very clean and appetizing.

Room Tip: The suite at the back of the property was nice, but did not have a fireplace and seemed smaller than...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am very proud of the staff and I am glad that they were able to assist you during your stay. Moreover, I can understand your need for a fireplace, these rooms are located in our exterior entrance buildings. If I can be of assistance next time you make reservations please let me know.

Again thank you for your comments and I hope you have a Happy New Year!!
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This a good Residence Inn with a friendly staff, typical of most Residence Inns I have stayed in.
It's set up with rooms on two stories. There are no elevators, so if you don't want to carry your bags upstairs - ask for a first floor room.
The evening dinners were good with plenty of food. It also included beer and wine.
Breakfast was also good, plenty of options both hot and cold.
Rooms were cozy and the kitchens were nice and modern with stainless steel appliances. The rooms also offer plenty of closet space, for those staying for a while.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you don't like stairs - no elevators
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your room. I hope that you ill visit us again in the near future.

Have a Great and Successful 2013!!!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed here several times, and we love it. The staff goes out of their way to make sure we are happy and have everything we need. The rooms are beyond fantastic - super clean, comfortable, new, and beautiful. Love the HD TVs and the fireplace in the rooms too. The breakfast in the morning is a full breakfast - lots of choices and plenty to eat. The hotel is also close to everything - shopping, restaurants, etc. Book your stay here now - you won't regret it!!

Room Tip: There is a "tower" (separate building) in the back - it's newer and very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann B
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the hotel and the staff. We really try to make sure that every stay is memorable and enjoyable so it's always good to hear these great comments from our guests.

Thank You so much.
HUMACAO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks,great place to stay the staff very friendly and helpful,the room was simply fabulous ,completely equipped and clean we definitely stay here again, Thank you Julio and thank you Celeste for the delicious breakfast

• Stayed October 2012
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words and we are all glad that you had such a great stay with us.

We all hope to see you again very soon.
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This evening while scanning hotels on TA, I happened across this hotel that I had previously stayed at and was distressed to read about the previous guests being escorted off of the property. You see the same thing happened to me about six months previous, and although I have never written a review or complained about a hotel I feel compelled to share my own experience. There was a party in the room next to me and I was desperately trying to ignore the noise when the phone rang about 12:30 AM in the morning. A girl identified herself as Tanya the hotel manager and then bluntly informed me that I was to stop the party noise immediately or else, and then hung up the phone. Immediately I dialed zero to let her know that it was not me, and it was the room next door to which I was rudely told it is you and this is your final warning before she slammed down the phone. About 20 minutes later there was a knock at the door and two sheriff’s deputies told me I was to leave at the request of the hotel. I tried to argue with them and all of us could hear the noisy party next door, it was also plain as day that there was no party in my room, but all the Sherriff’s deputies would say is that I was required to leave when asked by the hotel. As I was dragging my bags out the door, someone next door happened to peak out and see the Sherriff’s outside. Immediately the room went quiet. I did find a room at the Holiday Inn down the road, but it was very troubling and I lost most of a night’s sleep. I called the hotel the next morning and the manager was busy, he never did return my call. It was bloody embarrassing having two Sherriff’s deputies walk me off the property and I had no say or chance to defend myself, the hotel arbitrarily decided I was guilty of hosting a noisy party. It really pains me to see ownership at this nice hotel turn a blind eye to employees apparently on some sort of power trip while innocent guests pay the price!

Room Tip: Think Twice before booking here
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank raj_luvs_newyork
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I am in receipt of your review of the hotel and your experience. I am taken aback that this occurred to you.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you concerning this situation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta
Courtyard Rochester Brighton
Courtyard Rochester Brighton
#12 of 31 in Rochester

Been to Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta? Share your experiences!