“Pleasant surprise.”

Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Traveling solo with my young son from Ontario to NJ and needed a stop for one night. Booked online a one bedroom suite with sofabed in the "tower." Didn't know what "tower" was until I checked in. Residence Inn layouts are usually like a townhouse community, but the tower is a separate four story building. It appears to be a newer building.

The front desk staff member was very friendly and extremely proficient. Check-in was the fastest I've ever experienced. In less than one minute I had my room keycard in hand!

The room was VERY clean and nicely decorated. Had a well-equipped kitchen that we didn't use. It was a Sunday night and a lot of the area restaurants closed at 9pm, although I found a Denny's less than a mile from the hotel that was fine for a quick, light meal. The walls must be soundproofed as we didn't hear any noise whatsoever. We didn't use the outdoor pool as it closes at 10pm and we were out for dinner.

The complimentary breakfast had a nice variety of foods: eggs, sausage, breakfast sandwiches, yoghurt with fresh granola topping, cereals - to name a few.

I am glad I picked this hotel and will definitely stay here when in the area again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank MuppetWrangler
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and I am glad that you had a very pleasant experience. The Tower rooms are a great addition to our property and do bring a different caliber of room quality to the hotel. Moreover, I was glad that the staff was able to take care of you in an efficient manner and that you were able to enjoy breakfast the follwoing morning.

I hope that your next visit will be for a longer stay and that you will be able to enjoy the pool and spa.

On behalf of the entire staff thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with two double beds. Not recommended as you are on the bottom floor of a pod building, and therefore it is very noisy. One can hear every step from the people above. The kitchen was not well outfitted, as there was an oven, but no ovenware. The oven mitt was dirty! This was unusual for a RI by Marriott - we have stayed in several, and this one is only slightly better that the one, RI, in Springfield MA - that was the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Pat D
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you very much for your candor and my deepest apologies for the condition of the items that you found in your room. By no means is this a norm at our hotel and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to be your lodging choice when in Rochester again.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your future reservations. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Again my apologies and deepest thanks for your comments.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The front desk staff is so friendly and helpful. (poured a complementary coffee cup full of laundry detergent when they ran out of packets to buy). As always the Residence Inn brand is comfortable and clean. In addition to the outdoor pool there is a fire pit with chairs to sit around. Very relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank buriyoda
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at the Marriott for two nights in late July. The purpose of our stay was to visit the Museum of Play (fantastic by the way) and to do some shopping. We are Marriott rewards members and thus, frequently stay at a variety of Marriott’s. This one did not disappoint us.

Here is my breakdown;

Check in: Quick, friendly, and professional.

Complex: The Marriott Residence Inn consists of numerous 2.5 storey apartment type complexes and one 4-story 'tower' building. The grounds great and provide for a nice ambience.

Room: We stayed in a two-bedroom suite in the tower building. This was a beautiful room, which suited our needs just fine. There was a separate bedroom for our daughter and one for us. Moreover, there was a good size living room and fully equipped kitchen. My only complaint was that the floors vibrate terribly! You can hear people walking beside you! Do not get me wrong, the place is quite and the walls are soundproof. However, the floors just suck. In addition, the ventilation in the room is suspect. With the doors closed in the bedroom it can get quite stuffy. We just opened the window but still...that should be fixed. Rooms were prefectly clean though!

Extras: Free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, swimming pool, hot tub, fire pit, bball court - all terrific.

Location: Good part of the city -safe and near some decent shopping and restaurants.

Staff: Everyone was friendly and worked hard to make the stay enjoyable. The breakfast staff especially!

Check out: No pressure and easy.

Overall: Great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank addict83
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you and your family were able to enjoy your time in Rochester and more importantly thank you for staying with us. I will personally look into the issues that you mentioned and will have them resolved immediately. I hope that on your next trip to Rochester you will visit us again and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to conatct me at 585-272-8850..

Again, Many Thanks

Julio Velez
General Manager.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I just stayed here for two nights when we took our 2 month old to visit family for the first time. We had a two bedroom suite which was perfect since we were traveling with my mother in law. The rooms were clean and the grounds are nice and the breakfast was plentiful!! The location is near a lot of restaurants and the major highways. Staying here totally met our needs and was above what I was expecting. Definitely will be staying here again on future family trips to Rochester.

Room Tip: I always check AAA
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your great review of the property. I am very glad that you were able to enjoy your stay. Moreover, I am glad that the Two Bedroom Suite allowed you the space and privacy to enjoy your stay.

Thank you for your gracious comments. I hope too see you again in the near future.

Many Thanks

Julio Velez

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Staff was very welcoming and helpful...they upgraded us to a larger room with an extra bed - which was so great for our family. The room was spacious, clean and the breakfast was adequate. We would definitely recommend this hotel for a family.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I love the layout of the Residence Inn Rochester; it feels like you're living in a townhouse community. However the older buildings (all in the development, except a larger new one) are starting to get more than a bit creaky. In fact, we could hear a lot of movement in the unit above our ground floor one. Also, our bathroom was small and dated. The beds were decent and the kitchen was like new. Definitely a better option than staying in a traditional box room, but I hope Marriott continues to construct newer buildings on this site.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY

Been to Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta? Share your experiences!