Tripadvisor
Henrietta
1,022 results
All reviews double tree cookies hockey tournament breakfast buffet very nice hotel lobby area indoor pool hot tub convenient location fitness center omelet atrium rochester highway conference mall rit
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Unfortunately the bathroom I had had very limited hot water so shower became uncomfortable very fast. Room windows and doors look out on hotel atrium, but shades are too short, letting bright light into the room at night.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TimE2044, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Dear JamesG1215,
I was sorry to hear you experienced a hot water issue. This is a concern I am having looked into as we do not have a consistent issue with this, so again, thank you for this feedback!
I hope you may consider a return visit with a room consideration overlooking the outside.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

HORRIBLE experience. So much for "making it right" . I was placed in your dungeon room with my Son. No pullout or ANY light. We opened the window to see a storage room area. I called and went to the front desk twice. Jess was the receptionist along with another I do not remember the name to switch rooms. We were denied and told they were sold out, which is BS, because when I went online, there were rooms via Hilton direct and every other 3rd party site. The thermostat did not work so we had to use the old school fan on the floor. We both woke up sick and not being able to breathe. The bathroom door would not close and when you took a shower the water went all over the floor due to there being no lip to stop the water. It was for a wheelchair. Entire floor of bathroom soaked. When I told the front desk about, they offered to send engineering which i declined b/c nothing they could do about except mop up as I did with the towels. I called the manager on Sunday Morning and again on Monday morning (Melanie) and left voicemails for her. It's now Tuesday and no return call AND I am still sick and never ever get sick. NOt happy and want full refund fro that night stay.
We ended up switching rooms at 1pm to the 2nd floor after 4 repeated requests starting at 9pm that next AM.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear jim f,
Thank you for sending us a review from your recent visit. I apologize the room you selected with your e-check in had an obstructed view of the Atrium. Unfortunately the hotel was anticipating a complete sell out and at the times you contacted the desk, they were not able to move your room. I am glad to see that eventually they were able to move your room. I appreciate the feedback shared with any maintenance concerns as those have been shared with our maintenance engineers. I understand my manager did speak with you Tuesday when she returned from her off day to again apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Check in was smooth. Room and hotel was clean. Parking is free and never had trouble finding a spot considering hotel was filled with hockey and lacrosse tournaments. Hotel is an atrium inside. My room faced the atrium. Therefore, it was very loud. I believe not all rooms face the atrium. Below the rooms facing the atrium is the pool and bar area. Never opened the curtains in my room as my view was an open walk way for guests. Overall an alright stay, but too loud for me and didn't like facing an open walkway.

Dear lilsorrel,
Thank you for taking time to write us a review from your recent visit. I am glad you had an overall good stay and the room and hotel was clean. Perhaps if you visit with us again, an accommodation to an outside facing room could be given. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

How water did not work at night or morning, and I also left my wallet and attempted to recover it prior to my flight and the receptionist, gave me untrue information and rushed me off the phone. Causing me to miss my flight due to extra tsa screening. Long story short my wallet was still in the room and is now being mailed to me

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TimE2044, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Flex S,
Thank you for taking time to write us your review, the feedback provided is valuable and appreciated. I understand the associate who assisted you did in fact go look in the area of the room you initially directed us to look and unfortunately it wasn't there. When she went a second time, it was discovered in a different area of the room, then sent by Fed Ex. I apologize this may have caused a delay, I am happy that the wallet was found and returned promptly.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Very dissatisfied with my stay. No hot water in one room and they transferred me to another room where I had no cold water. The soap dish was hanging off the wall. The refrigerator was broken and didn’t work and they charge you $10 a day for a microwave . The Doubletree was always supposed to be one of the high end options with Hilton. I was very disappointed and will try the Marriot next time.

Trip type: Traveled on business
TimE2044, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear susanmG884TL,
Thank you for taking time to write us a review from your recent visit. I'd like to apologize that you experienced some issues with the maintenance in your rooms. The information provided will help me assess with my team what may have happened. We take great pride in our services, we are sorry this stay was not up to acceptable levels. I hope you may give us another opportunity to make it right if you stay with us in the future.