“Nice, but lacking” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Rochester, United States
“Nice, but lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were there for a soccer tourney. The room was ok -nothing special. The pluses were that the hotel gave the teams use of a room to gather and have a team dinner. The drawbacks were no free internet in room, no complimentary breakfast and there was no one around to clean up the gathering room during the evening the teams used it. The front desk staff was ok, not all that welcoming, just indifferent. For the price ($119/night) I thought it was overpriced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Fairport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We moved to Rochester in 2012, and during that time, my husband stayed at this DoubleTree for 9 months while we were transitioning and buying a house. I was with him there for the last 3 months. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff was friendly, and the food was terrific. I don't ear sugar or flour, and I had no trouble eating just the meat and veggies that I like.

The only issue was with the constant weekend booking of kids from hockey and soccer tournaments. Unfortunately, many weren't well supervised by parents, who generally let them run around screaming. This usually only impacted us on Thursday nights though, as we returned home to New England on the weekends to spend them with our families. Fortunately, with our premium status, the DoubleTree typically checked us into a room at the end of the hall to cut down on noise. Just be warned, this hotel is packed with noisy and often not-so-well-behaved kids every weekend.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The double Tree in Rochester NY is the BEST. I Loved the room and location. The Hotel Staff was Awesome. The Breakfast was not so Great for the price, servers were not that friendly or attentive. I would stay there again and again, just would not eat in there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Randolph, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Dining Service was phenomenal! Zeke cooked a mean omelet and kept my husband in conversation as well. Connor T. anticipated every need prior to my request. It was GREAT!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!

Portsmouth, NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've been staying at several hotels in the area of RIT where my daughter goes to college and I have been looking for the best one. I saw the Doubletree on my last visit and thought it was closer than my last hotel a mile further away. But this was a mistake. First of all I booked with Travelocity and didn't notice it was a handicapped "Accessible" room. I dislike those bathrooms - sorry, but I do. But it also meant I was on the first floor which is very noisy because this hotel is surrounded on three sides by highway! So I was awakened by traffic around 5:30 or so. Forget sleeping until 7am! I do not know if it would be better on the higher floors but I doubt it. Maybe the top floor. The lobby is nicely decorated and there is a restaurant and small pool there but I did not use either. I was there to sleep only, so again …a bad choice. Also, internet service is $10. Also, I was supposed to get a KING bed and I only got a queen bed. I was alone so it was ok but if my husband was there I would have asked to change rooms.The one good point was I forgot my toothbrush and they gave me a complimentary one with toothpaste. However, I did not think the experience was worth $135.

Room Tip: Get the top floor.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was visiting Rochester for a week to attend corporate training. Corporate booked reservations for myself and the other trainees from all over the country to stay at the DoubleTree in Rochester on 1111 Jefferson Rd. from 5/11-5/16. The accommodations were more than adequate, the lobby/atrium was inviting, however it was every employee who worked during my stay that makes your establishment stand out.

Marybeth Donnelly at the front desk and Steve Nowak as the bellman stood out the most. Marybeth put me at ease at check in and runs the front desk seamlessly and Steve was eager to understand our transportation situation to ensure that we all made it to headquarters on time.

I would recommend this hotel for corporate functions and leisure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our experience was not the greatest. There was a pipe that burst right above our room and therefore leaking from the ceiling. We had to change rooms late at night. The overall appearance and cleanliness of the hotel are good. The pool is very small.