“Blizzard 2014”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I’ve been staying at this hotel for business, going on several years now. I was so impressed with the entire staff on my most recent stay the week the blizzard hit (March 10th - 14th). I’m very hurricane experienced, but I had never dealt with a blizzard before. During my week long stay the entire staff pulled together and made sure the all guest were comfortable. Management stayed overnight as the State had declared an emergency. I was very pleased with the Restaurant staff for breakfast each morning, the Bar staff for lunch, dinner and the Bellman. They all made sure we had what we needed or transportation, even the Sales director was waiting on tables. I saw bellman scraping car windows off hotel guest cars without even being asked. I’m on my way back for another week in April and I hope the weather is better. I could name a few great employees but they all seemed to go out of their way to make sure we were well fed and comfortable. What a great team you have there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Love2TrvlMM

Reviewed March 20, 2014

No hospitality room for your team-Don't be fooled by the "community room" that they offer. It is small and full. NO wifi. Kids like to play with their Ipods. Not happening here. Without a hospitality room for a group, the problems are this....Security constantly yelled at the kids. Security constantly told parents that could not drink beer outside of their rooms in the hallways or anywhere else but the bar area. you had to buy their beer to be in that area. Nice hotel, but not for a group, or wifi users

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lawrence J
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The rooms was nice and clean, although on the first morning, the maid neglected to leave clean towels and I had to call front desk. We were here for hockey tournament. I agree with having ALL the children in their rooms at 10pm. however, the hotel needs to accomodate the parents in more banquet rooms to gather together for parent time(drinking). I appreciate not disturbing other guests and gathering in the halls but if if the hotel is hosting hockey families, they MUST provide hospitatlity rooms to the teams.

2  Thank Lisa V
Reviewed March 20, 2014

No fridge in room (could pay extra to get one), no continental breakfast, no free wifi, very soft bed, toilet didn't work right, food/drinks expensive, room on the small size. Location was good, many restaurants/stores nearby.

2  Thank Tina B
Reviewed March 19, 2014

It was such a welcoming hotel. The entire staff was so friendly. We had an excellent waitress for Breakfast. She was so kind and helpful. I do not recall her name, but she is a terrific asset to your staff. Did a fabulous job representing the hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend of shopping. Also booked into this hotels was 15 hockey teams. We were assured when booking that there was a strict curfew for noise and we would have no problem sleeping. This was not the case, kids were running halls, screaming and yelling to early morning hours. We called front desk numerous times and were assured hotel security would be up to handle problem. Well, we saw security twice, they did nothing, the kids actually ran by them screaming and they just kept walking. We had no sleep at all. We were supposed to stay a second night but checked out at 8 am to check into another hotel to get some rest. Also the pull out couch was full of crumbs, disgusting.

Room Tip: make sure there is no huge groups staying
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Patrick M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Christine,

I’m so sorry for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event and we regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. We hope you will give us another shot to provide the quality accommodations you deserve, the next time you are in the area as we are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience possible.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant. My room was clean, food was good and the staff was helpful and friendly. My only issue was they were going to charge me $9.95 to use their WIFI unless I sat in the lobby. I complained during checkout and they took it off my bill. In this day and age I can stay at a $50.00 hotel or go to Dunkin Donuts and get free WIFI. Why should I pay more for a nice hotel at an additional cost.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jill K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Fairfield Inn Rochester South
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester? Share your experiences!