“Noisy”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed January 19, 2014

If your planning to relax this is not the place. Tried to check out early would not refund my money!!!!!!! If you do stay at property make sure your room is not on the Atrium side. The noise is so loud from the lobby it carries to the room and we even stayed on the fourth floor. We asked for two double beds and they told us never existed. They were not accommodating.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Patrick M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Daniel,

We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from lobby traffic and other guests. Your comments will help us to correct these issues moving forward and we hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I arrived at 3:40 to check in and was told that my room wasn't ready. They had a block of rooms that they agreed to a 5 PM!! check out. Finally at 5:45 they said my room was ready. When I got to the room it appeared that the sheets hadn't been changed, they were pressed down so the bed pad lines were clearly visible on the sheets, and a fairly large crumb was on one of them, and there was a small stain on another. They sent someone from house keeping to change the sheets and one onf them commented "I wonder who changed these
' as he know they had not been done.

So after keeping me waiting 3 hours past check in and providing a not fully prepared room the manages only offered a coupon for a future night at the same hotel. Since I don't visit Rochester often it was useless for me. He did not offer any other useful compensaion to make up for a terrible start to my stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be reaching out to you directly in an attempt to resolve the situation. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

If visiting the Henrietta Area outside of Rochester NY don't hesitate to make the Doubletree on Jefferson Road a destination. The hotel is conveniently located right off the I-390 interstate and not far from Thruway exit 46. Its situated in a typical suburban area with a mix of shopping and business occupancies. The hotel itself was modern yet did not feel stark due to all of the interior green space and the four story glass atrium. The staff was cordial and welcoming with no issues. The rooms are average but comfortable, clean and well appointed. Bathrooms are spacious and have been updated. We attended a banquet function at the hotel with well prepared above average food, attentive staff and excellent service. While this is not an over the top hotel, it is clean, value priced, comfortable and I would recommend it highly for the family or business traveler. Other amenities include a work out room, indoor pool under the atrium and I was impressed that the pool was equipped for handicap use, a nice touch. The bar which is also located in the atrium is very comfortable with lots of greenery and a feel like it is outside at a resort. I was impressed.

Room Tip: Some rooms open on the atrium balconies and other face the outside. All depends what you want.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree Hilton over Christmas vacation. It is a vast place with indoor pool, atrium, breakfast room, bar, and well-supplied gym (which I actually used every day--the gym that is, not the bar). The thing that really stood out was how friendly and accomodating all of the staff are, from the cleaning people to the desk staff and especially the servers in the breakfast room. The breakfasts are outstanding, with everything you could ever want on the menu. We would definitely stay there again--it was very relaxing and felt like home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel was very nice and the room was comfortable and clean. The in hotel food was good at the lounge, and also at the catered breakfast and lunches provided for the conference I attended. I liked that you could adjust the heat in the room, and as I said the housekeeping staff kept the room very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well and the welcoming cookie was very tasty and a nice touch.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Angela K
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We thought this hotel was a 3 1/2 or 4 star! No way! I would not give this any more than 2 stars! First, we were put into a handicapped room which I did book by mistake. It was not nice! Very small, carpet filthy, drape unhooked and falling down, and huge cut in the desk chair! We requested a regular room and did receive the change quickly. However, in our new room this had to be the filthiest carpet I have seen in quite a while! There was large picture hardware and a hole in the wall where apparently a picture used to be. No towel bars in the bathroom to hang wet wash clothes and towels on. Lifted up the toilet seat - YIKES! Is that blood on the toilet rim?? There was just about as much "snow" on our TV picture as there was during the blizzard of 2014! Lots of kids running around with Security in hot pursuit! No wi-fi, no breakfast not even Continental, no nothing but parking! Glad we were only there for one night! We won't be back! Absolutely not!

Room Tip: Don't come here!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Patrick M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Somewhat tired hotel. My room faced the atrium, so it was particularly dreary. BUT the staff at this hotel were consistently and genuinely warm and accommodating. The breakfast offerings as well as room service were quite tasty.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Comfort Suites Rochester
Comfort Suites Rochester
#11 of 17 in Henrietta

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester? Share your experiences!