“My Favorite Rochester Area Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I are frequent guests at the Rochester Doubletree. We're there for leisure, but they have business guests as well. The location is easy to find, at the intersection of two major highways. It's safe, attractive, and super clean. The center public area is a spacious, six floor atrium, with a restaurant, bar, pool, new workout room, and lobby. It's filled with natural light. I was welcomed at the desk by Liz and Mitch, and check-in was quick and hassle-free. The rooms are clean and upscale, with a very nice bathroom, and windows facing either outside, or in to the atrium.The restaurant meals and room service are great, and they now serve dinner in the atrium: Christian and Josh manage with hospitality, and Aaron does a great breakfast. I recommend highly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Gregory L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dr Bob,

What can I say? Thank you very much for your kind words. We really appreciate it. On behalf of Liz, Mitch, Christian, Josh, Aaron, and the rest of the DoubleTree management and staff; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Safe travels!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Overall, a great location near major highways, restaurants and shopping. Good value for what you get.
A great hotel for families - pool is a big hit with the kids in the atrium area, although quite noisy.
If you want a quiet room, make sure you ask for a room
facing outside the hotel or you will here constant noise from the pool area
when it is open. Noise travels right up the open atrium area to the rooms above.
You dont hear anything if you get an outside facing room.
The carpet in the main hallway areas is getting a bit worn looking -
The hotel is located across the street from a plaza including a Tops market
and some fast food restaurants.
Seems to be popular with soccer or athletics groups - busy with young kids and families.

I stayed here for a weekend shopping trip with my mom. I requested an
accessible room to help my mom. We were given a second floor accessible
room. The wallpaper was peeling badly around the AC unit and it smelled musty
and smoked in. (Hotel is supposed to be non-smoking??). The front desk were
able to give us another room on the 6th/top floor which smelled normal and had
no peeling wallpaper. It was quiet which was important.
We were disappointed with the TV. A few channels had picture but no volume. Both of
the rooms we were assigned had the same problem. We thought it was a
issue for the 2nd floor room but the 6th floor room had the same issue. It would
have been good if the front desk told us about it, but maybe the hotel is not aware?
This should get fixed.
The front desk staff were very helpful as I had forgotten my GPS unit at home
and they were helpful to print out directions from Mapquest for me.
I may stay here again if the price is right. But if I could find a similar price, I'd prefer a newer or renovated hotel next time.
time.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room facing outside the property if you want quiet.

Dear Bermuda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give our future travelers a snapshot of our Hotel. I appreciate the fact that you were able to mention our convenient location. In addition to the supermarket and fast food restaurants, Jefferson Road also features all of your favorite full service restaurants, shops and the Marketplace Mall.

I am sorry to hear that you did have some opportunities when you were on property. I am happy to hear that our team was quick an efficient with their response and efforts to make your stay exceptional.

We invite all of our guest to utilize the CARE line, while on property. All requests to the CARE line are logged, handled and followed up on by our staff, ensuring that our guests are completely satisfied.

Your comments will be used as we continue to improve our Hotel.

Thank you and safe travels!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Want to give Heather Marie an excellent review during our weekend visit. She was extremely poised, calm, respectful during an incredibley busy Saturday brekfast. She was smiling and so very calm.You rarely see this during a hectic time during a meal.We were lucky to have her again on sunday morning and expressed our gratitude to her.She is a valuable assett to your establishment! Chri & Laurie

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

L M~

Heather is a great asset to our Hotel. Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to pass them along to Heather and the rest of our breakfast restaurant team.

Our breakfast does get busy at times. We are very lucky to have an experienced team to take care of our guests.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We celebrated our daughter's wedding at the Hilton Double Tree in Henrietta, New York. I can't thank them enough for all they did to make our special day one that will be remembered for a very long time. Their staff was very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help in any way they could. The ballroom and hotel rooms were very clean and beautifully decorated. We really didn't want the weekend to end. Thank you so much.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Basic facilities and breakfast not much to speak about (except the high price). Staff are friendly and a free cookie when you arrive. Rooms are very clean and beds are great. Air conditioning unit rattled all night long and corridor was noisy. Views are not the best but it is in the centre of the shopping district and close to the main road routes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Gregory L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Keith,

We hope that our guests come to our breakfast buffet hungry. We encourage all of our guests to enjoy their eggs cooked to order, fresh waffles and/ or fruit crepes. we also offer a variety of hot items, cold cereals, oatmeal (with all of the fixings), fresh fruit and berries, yogurt and the best muffins in town. We also offer our a la carte menu for those with a lighter appetite.

Thank you for mentioning our staff, I really appreciate the trend of "friendly staff" and "great service" that we receive here, on TripAdvisor.

We have shared all of your comments with our staff so we can make the proper adjustments. In the future, if you experience a noisy air conditioner or hallway, we encourage you to call our CARE line at extension 150 for assistance.

Safe Travels! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel during Wemans LPGA and received excellent service from all the staff ,generally, and particularly from Sue-ellen and Heather in the restaurant. Will opt for this hotel when visiting the Rochester area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Bashir,

Thank you for your comments. I enjoyed meeting you as well. It is very nice to hear that you enjoy our Hotel and the city of Rochester. I am glad that you have found our city as a destination for great golf. With over 70 public and private golf courses in the area, there is surely something for every level of golfer.

Also, the city of Rochester is very lucky to be able to host the Wegman LPGA Championship, as well as, the PGA Championship in 2013!

We will see you again soon. Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice for business. On both occasions the front desk staff were very friendly, prompt and helpful. The same can be said for the breakfast staff, especially Sue Ellen, who remembered me from the first visit, and was a thoughtful and efficient server.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Gregory L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

BusyTraveler:

I am pleased to report that Sue Ellen was our employee of the month. I appreciate your comments and I enjoy sharing our reviews with the staff.

We look forward seeing you again real soon. Thank you!

Safe Travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Fairfield Inn Rochester South

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester? Share your experiences!