“Very nice business hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very nice business hotel”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I just stayed at the DoubleTree for three nights and I would happily stay there again. First, check-in was a breeze and yes I was offered a warm chocolate chip cookie. The hotel staff were very pleasant. Second, the rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. The pillows may have been a bit too soft for my taste but I felt as though I was in a clean room. The bathrooms were spotless and maid service made sure my "necessities" were refilled each day. The room temperature was easily adjustable, the television worked fine, all the lights worked, and internet service was offered. All in all, a very clean, neat, comfortable room. A glass elevator overlooked the beautiful open lobby. I will say this, however, if you are planning on staying here, don't bring the kids. The lobby is a vast, wide-open area that includes the front desk, bar, exercise room, and the pool. The reason for no kids is, unfortunately, the pool was no bigger than my living room. One or two strokes is all you need to get from one end to the other. Very small. And with the lobby being so open, as well as having the balcony of our room overlooking the lobby, there is the ever present smell of chlorine, which if you travel a lot, there are a lot worse things you could smell in a hotel. Traveling on business, I did not have the pleasure of eating at the hotel, as all my meals were elsewhere. However, looking over the menu would prompt me to say if you are going to eat there, bring some money. You're going to need it. The location of the hotel was great as well. If you have never been to Rochester, Jefferson Road is a long main thoroughfare with plenty of shopping and restaurants available. Pretty much all the fast food favorites and other restaurant chains such as Perkins, Red Lobster, etc. are all within a five minute drive. It's also no more than 10 minutes from the airport and about 25 minutes from the lake. This is a very good hotel with great service and great ambiance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I got a great deal for this place on Priceline so it's hard to complain about what I got for the amount we paid. It's actually a pretty nice hotel with a nice atrium in the middle that is overlooked by all the interior rooms. Hallways and staircases (which I had to use since the elevator was broken) were a little suspect, though.

Our main problem was that when we got there, they told us that they were out of non-smoking rooms (despite having a reservation for one). From reading other reviews, we might not be the only ones this has happened to, and you might want to be aware of that. As compensation, they gave us a free breakfast buffet the next morning (very nice) and free internet access. But, I would have preferred the non-smoking room if given a choice (which I had made but they didn't honor). The room itself was very nice outside of the smell.

I could stay here again but I would have to make sure that our non-smoking room request was really honored.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here with a classmate while on a school trip for a competition in Rochester. It was definitely a much nicer hotel than I expected for the price. The rooms were clean and pretty large. The bar and pool area were really impressive. The pool is actually in the lobby. There are plants all over the lobby, and it doesn't feel like you're actually outside, but it's great for Rochester's cold climate. The only complaint I have is that our room was overlooking the lobby, and they played music in the lobby all night. So you might want to bring headphones or a fan if you're a light sleeper. And make sure you get your free cookies! They were great, and they even gave us extra.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have been to Rochester several times over the past 10 years for family events. My family and I stayed there in June for a wedding. The place is over-priced and run-down. Additionally, 2 weeks after my stay they charged my debit card and additional $400 without warning. This was over a week ago, and I still haven't had it resolved. I've had a very hard time getting anyone there to call me back, and I have not heard back from a manager. I had to call the DoubleTree corporate office and re-iterate the whole story. They told me it would be at least another 3 days until I hear back from someone. If you're visiting Rochester, stay in the Holiday Inn down the road- it is nicer and has better rates. and

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank docadam
Shelby Twp., Mich. United States
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We found the Doubletree to be a bit overpriced. The room was accessable for a wheelchair albeit small. The prices at the only restaurant were very steep although the food was quite good. We were one of two tables occupied and the waiters spent time talking to us which was very nice. The hotel has a beautifull tree filled atrium with a nice pool. The warm chocolate chip cookie given upon arrival was a nice touch. We found the staff to be very helpfull. We came back a month later to the same situation. Good but somewhat pricey.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 19, 2011

This hotel is overpriced and needs upgrading. The shuttle buses, rusted out, filthy dirty inside.. Rooms need refurbishing and are a bit musty smelling. Overall, overpriced for outdated rooms.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Aberdeen, New Jersey
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed here one night for a business trip. The hotel is gorgeous, with the signature trees inside the huge atrium-style building. The indoor pool makes you feel as if you were in the tropics and the public areas are very well appointed.

The hotel rooms are very large, with a fabulous "indoor balcony" where you walk out and look down upon the beautiful lobby, bar, pool, and other areas. There was a large work desk, sofa, and sofa table. The bathroom is large and everything was clean.

Their customer service is outstanding, with everyone extremely friendly and accommodating. The warm chocolate cookie you receive upon check in is a plus too!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester? Share your experiences!