DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Travelocity
$219
$159
Travelocity
All reviewsdouble treecookieshockey tournamentbreakfast buffetnice hotela hilton honors memberlobby areahot tubindoor poolhotel stafffront desk staffconvenient locationatriumrochesterjerryhighwayconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed here one night for a business trip. The hotel is gorgeous, with the signature trees inside the huge atrium-style building. The indoor pool makes you feel as if you were in the tropics and the public areas are very well appointed.

The hotel rooms are very large, with a fabulous "indoor balcony" where you walk out and look down upon the beautiful lobby, bar, pool, and other areas. There was a large work desk, sofa, and sofa table. The bathroom is large and everything was clean.

Their customer service is outstanding, with everyone extremely friendly and accommodating. The warm chocolate cookie you receive upon check in is a plus too!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2011

My second stay in this hotel and it was great! A bit pricey but the rooms are fantastic and very clean. Front desk checked me in in record time. Housekeeping just needs to learn to not slam doors. Some guests do like to sleep in on weekends.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I did not actually stay overnight, but attended a morning business conference (comfortable venue, great food, good acoustics). When I returned to my office, I realized that I had lost an earring, special only to me since it had been my Mom's. I decided to call anyway just in case, and Allison at the front desk was very understanding and put me through to Sharon who with her staff spent time and energy searching for it. About 30 minutes later, I got the call that they had found it!! THANK YOU!!!!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I travelled extensively throughout NYS for work for over 20 years, staying in many different hotels at all levels. This is one of my favorite hotels, for work or leisure. The location is central to everything (major highways, shopping, dining, movies, etc.), and it's easy to find. The lobby opens into a massive, six-story, glass atrium, scaled by glass elevators. The floor of the atrium contains a restaurant, attractive open lounge, pool and hot tub area, and workout room - a gorgeous and functional architechtural layout. The rooms are upscale, spacious, and quiet, with very comfortable beds. There is excellent lighting, and a very nice work area. The baths are light and elegant. The whole property is spotless and tidy.

For breakfast, there's a full, high-quality buffet, or guests may order from the menu. Lunch, dinner, and room service are available. For meetings, there are attractive conference and break-out rooms. The outside area is very well-lit and safe.

What sets this hotel apart from others is the hospitality of the staff, and I mean everyone at all levels. They aim to please; just ask. I can't think of a friendlier hotel. We've enjoyed every stay at the Doubletree.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2010

The Hotel was almost totally empty (2 cars in parking lot). We asked for a room, gave our reward number and was told "sign here", that's when I saw what the price was. I confirmed with the night manager, he said yes. I said every hotel in town is almost empty, I'll go elsewhere. He asked what's my budget? I said "how about $99" he said no. I said we'll go elsewhere. We went down the street and saved $150 for 1 night. The night manager wanted me not to notice the price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple